Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Announcing: 7stacks - stacks for 7 (freeware)

08 Sep 2009   #51

Windows 7 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alastria View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
Hi there!

Ive read the whole thread, really nice app. But im wondering why no one complained about this: speed.
Everytime i click on a stack ill have to wait 1 or 2 seconds until the stack is showing up. That really kills the fun for me. Is there a way to speed it up a bit?

Phil
I hear a lot of complaints about speed, and that's one of the biggest things I'm working on. In addition to v1.5 already displaying items much faster than v1.2, the new version will give you the option of running a tray app which will precache stack contents for faster display (i.e. sacrifice memory for more speed).

V1.5 will be out before the Oct. 22 release of Win 7, and it will also be in public beta sometime before that. Subscribe to my twitter feed for updates.
Sounds really perfect to me. Spending a little bit of my RAM for 7stacks should be possible ...

Thanks and keep up the good work!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Sep 2009   #52

 

TBH, I don't think it spends much of any RAM at all. I am running it now and nothing is showing in Process hacker at all regarding 7Stacks.

Name:  7Stacks #1.PNG
Views: 545
Size:  20.9 KB

The Fix icon and the Thunderbird icon are actually 7stacks.

Name:  7Stacks #2.PNG
Views: 610
Size:  99.5 KB

The Firefox Stack....yes, I am really testing all 5 versions, just not simultaneously.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2009   #53

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
 
 

Hello all,

I've been trying to get 7Stacks to work. It installs OK, I run it, fill in the info, the program creates the shortcut on my desktop, I can pin it to my taskbar, but when I click on it i get the busy sign on my cursor for a few seconds and that's it...any ideas?

I have Windows 7 Enterpirse 64bit (7600)

Many thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Sep 2009   #54

Windows 7 RC build 7100
 
 

If anyone using the RTM (build 7600) is having problems, and is willing to be a guinea pig, please email me via my website's contact form.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2009   #55

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alastria View Post
If anyone using the RTM (build 7600) is having problems, and is willing to be a guinea pig, please email me via my website's contact form.
Well i'm not using it on Rtm yet, but in a few minutes i will I would be willing to be your test dummy, if you need one
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2009   #56

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alastria View Post
If anyone using the RTM (build 7600) is having problems, and is willing to be a guinea pig, please email me via my website's contact form.
Well i'm not using it on Rtm yet, but in a few minutes i will I would be willing to be your test dummy, if you need one
Alastria, be careful. SergioGarcia9 has been tested for dummyness and he failed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2009   #57

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alastria View Post
If anyone using the RTM (build 7600) is having problems, and is willing to be a guinea pig, please email me via my website's contact form.
Well i'm not using it on Rtm yet, but in a few minutes i will I would be willing to be your test dummy, if you need one
Alastria, be careful. SergioGarcia9 has been tested for dummyness and he failed.
lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2009   #58

7264x64/7260x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
TBH, I don't think it spends much of any RAM at all. I am running it now and nothing is showing in Process hacker at all regarding 7Stacks.

Attachment 27565

The Fix icon and the Thunderbird icon are actually 7stacks.

Attachment 27566

The Firefox Stack....yes, I am really testing all 5 versions, just not simultaneously.
I am intrigued by your corner radius.

I would like to know more.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2009   #59

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by liquidguru View Post
Hello all,

I've been trying to get 7Stacks to work. It installs OK, I run it, fill in the info, the program creates the shortcut on my desktop, I can pin it to my taskbar, but when I click on it i get the busy sign on my cursor for a few seconds and that's it...any ideas?

I have Windows 7 Enterpirse 64bit (7600)

Many thanks
I am using it on Windows 7 Ultimate RTM 64bit without any problems. hopefully, sometime tomorrow I'll have it working on the laptop (also Ultimate RTM 64bit). It is pretty simple to use - assuming that you have already copied shortcuts into the folder....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alastria View Post
If anyone using the RTM (build 7600) is having problems, and is willing to be a guinea pig, please email me via my website's contact form.
I'll test for sure. It's what I do....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alastria View Post
If anyone using the RTM (build 7600) is having problems, and is willing to be a guinea pig, please email me via my website's contact form.
Well i'm not using it on Rtm yet, but in a few minutes i will I would be willing to be your test dummy, if you need one
Ditto....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
TBH, I don't think it spends much of any RAM at all. I am running it now and nothing is showing in Process hacker at all regarding 7Stacks.

Attachment 27565

The Fix icon and the Thunderbird icon are actually 7stacks.

Attachment 27566

The Firefox Stack....yes, I am really testing all 5 versions, just not simultaneously.
I am intrigued by your corner radius.

I would like to know more.
That corner radius is actually a different visual style - SiCo Big - that I am using AveStyler to load.

the theme / style *I* am using: SiCo for Win7 RC 7100 x86 by ~alkhan on deviantART

And updated version: SiCo for Windows 7 RC by ~alkhan on deviantART

here is a link to all of Alkhan's stuff: alkhan's Gallery

AveStyler: AveStyler
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #60

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM
 
 

Thanks for this app. Havent tried it yet but it looks great. Look forward to new versions!

EDIT 1:Tried it out, I LOVE IT! Very usefull. The only thing it seems to lack in the stacks is the ability to right click. This is very vital to me. Any chance this will be added in future releases?

EDIT: Drag and drop capabilities would be nice, but nothing I care about that much. Just a suggestion others might find useful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Announcing: 7stacks - stacks for 7 (freeware)





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33