Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 and Sharepoint


28 Feb 2011   #1

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 
Windows 7 and Sharepoint

I've been running Windows 7 for a little over a year now with no problems at all. We have recently changed our Engineering Change Order process over to an electronic form through Sharepoint. Apparently, some users with Windows7 claim they are unable to access the forms on Sharepoint, and this makes everyone in the department think its a Windows 7 problem. I tell them that I can access everything, and I run 7, but they still want to blame the OS and go back to XP.

Has anyone else had the frustration of dealing with people who blame the OS on their problems? I feel that this instance may have to do with the version of IE they are running. I'm running IE8 and can access everything that XP users can with no problems.

Thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Feb 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I am using SharePoint Services 3.0 on my production company environment, and almost all 30 users are running Windows 7 Pro x86. I have two computers running Windows 7 Pro x64 and I have no issues at all. I'm also testing a server with SharePoint 2010 with no issues as well. Have you checked to make sure these users have the Office add-in installed that allows interaction with SharePoint?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2011   #3

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
I am using SharePoint Services 3.0 on my production company environment, and almost all 30 users are running Windows 7 Pro x86. I have two computers running Windows 7 Pro x64 and I have no issues at all. I'm also testing a server with SharePoint 2010 with no issues as well. Have you checked to make sure these users have the Office add-in installed that allows interaction with SharePoint?

I'll have to check with our IT department to see if we have the add-in. Mine has worked fine from the start so I couldn't say how mine is configured.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Feb 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

It is one of the options to choose to enable or disable during the install of Office. If yours is working, then you have the add-in enabled. I participate in some SharePoint user groups, and not once have I come cross anyone having an issue with Windows 7 interacting with a SharePoint site that turned out to be an OS issue. It's usually a software issue (firewall or missing add-in) or a permissions issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2011   #5

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
It is one of the options to choose to enable or disable during the install of Office. If yours is working, then you have the add-in enabled. I participate in some SharePoint user groups, and not once have I come cross anyone having an issue with Windows 7 interacting with a SharePoint site that turned out to be an OS issue. It's usually a software issue (firewall or missing add-in) or a permissions issue.
The rumor is that our CIO claims Sharepoint will have a 'fix' coming out for Windows 7 issues, but I still don't buy it. Thanks for the info, I'm glad I'm not the only one who believes Windows 7 works. I think everyone around here is stuck on XP because of Vista and doesn't want to switch.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

What version of SharePoint are you running?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2011   #7

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

The only thing I was able to find is SharePoint Server 2007.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Hmmm, that's the version I skipped and don't have any experience with. However, what I am currently using is Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 which is much older, and that works just fine with Windows 7. I'd love to know what "fix" your CIO is waiting for.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2011   #9

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
Hmmm, that's the version I skipped and don't have any experience with. However, what I am currently using is Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 which is much older, and that works just fine with Windows 7. I'd love to know what "fix" your CIO is waiting for.
We'll see what happens. I was getting frustrated when people were just blaiming the OS, when I know that it works fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2011   #10

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

The problem that some Windows 7 users are experiencing is not being able to fill out required portions of our forms (ECO's) that are set up on sharepoint. So far, I know of three Windows 7 users (two desktop pcs and one laptop) that are able to fill out the forms with no problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 and Sharepoint




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 and Sharepoint
Thread Forum
Solved MS sharepoint workspace Microsoft Office
Preview in SharePoint Software
Windows 7 and Sharepoint Designer or Frontpage 2003 Network & Sharing
Sharepoint and offline files? Network & Sharing
Praveen - Sharepoint Architect Installation & Setup
Sharepoint Login problem after upgrade to Windows 7068 Installation & Setup
Sharepoint Conference Boston News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33