First, make sure that you've uninstalled the wrong (XP) drivers
, if the old driver
CD actually installed anything.
This link is as simple as I can make it: only one "download" button. HP Color LaserJet 1600 Printer*-* HP Color LaserJet Plug and Play Package - HP Business Support Center
It's about a 7MB download. Follow the installation instructions there:
Close any software programs running on your computer.
- Click the Download only button and save this file.
- Double click on the downloaded file. The self-extracting process will appear.
- Click to accept the terms in the license agreement. Click Next.
- Driver installation begins. Driver files are pre-installed during this process.
- A screen pops up to prompt to connect the USB cable. Insert the USB cable.
- Device is connected, waiting for PnP to finish installing driver.
- Click Finish to complete software installation.
I hope that works for you.