|28 Apr 2011||#1|
Dexpot turns your monitor into up to 20. Dexpot creates additional workspaces you can quickly switch between. Take, for example, Desktop 1 to listen to your favourite music, surf the web on Desktop 2, use Desktop 3 to handle your daily word processing or switch to Desktop 4 for a game of Solitaire.
Different icons, wallpapers, start-ups, and much more can be configured for each desktop.
Users owning netbooks, tablets and UMPC with small screens and low resolutions will benefit from virtual desktops as well.
* Improved automatic application of title-based desktop rules
* Added "normal" switching exception to allow overriding of wechsel.ini defaults in mywechsel.ini
* Minor usability improvements in the Desktop Rules dialog and the rules assistant
* Added several desktop gadget-like applications to the default ignore list
* New Russian language file
* Fixed problems with windows migrating to other desktops
* Fixed compatibility issues with Internet Explorer 9
* Fixed random desktop icon locations after reboot
* Fixed taskbar auto-hide problem
* Fixed problem with plugins not being restarted automatically
* Fixed crash when changing the screen resolution on desktop switch
* Fixed repositioning of Manager and Preview after screen resolution changes
* Fixed problem when indirectly moving windows to other desktops in the Desktop Preview
* Dragging a window in the Desktop Preview could accidentally change the position of other windows
* Fixed manual rule application with certain applications (e.g. NinjaTrader)
* Fixed missing tray icon problem
* Some settings were not saved correctly in the default profile
* Old custom desktop names would be lost when increasing the desktop count
* Fixed some plugin problems when running Dexpot as administrator
* Fixed some bugs in the desktop rules wizard
* Fixed analog clocks in Wallpaper Clocks plugin
* Taskbar Pager configuration dialog didn't work on Windows XP
* Updater no longer starts Dexpot as admin by default
Download from FileHippo
|My System Specs|
|28 Apr 2011||#5|
Thanks for that. I'm actually trying this out. On machines where I only have 1 monitor, this seems pretty helpful. And as a Linux user, i'm used to the concept of having multiple virtual desktops.
You can easily switch between these with Alt1, Alt2, Alt3, and Alt4. Or click on the superbar menu and pick the display that you want to switch to.
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05.