Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Similar programs to PowerISO

07 May 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (desktop) / x64 (laptop)
 
 
Similar programs to PowerISO

Anyone here knows any alternative software that is similar to PowerISO? One that can make an ISO out of our CD's, DVD's, and the likes.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 May 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dothackjhe View Post
Anyone here knows any alternative software that is similar to PowerISO? One that can make an ISO out of our CD's, DVD's, and the likes.
Whats wrong with powerISO?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 May 2011   #3
Microsoft MVP

 

ImgBurn can extract the image from a DVD/CD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 May 2011   #4

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 May 2011   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (desktop) / x64 (laptop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dothackjhe View Post
Anyone here knows any alternative software that is similar to PowerISO? One that can make an ISO out of our CD's, DVD's, and the likes.
Whats wrong with powerISO?
I had trouble with it once due to a corrupt key probably in the PC. I could register the software, yet when I try to run the software again it's unregistered. The problem didn't occur again after reformatting the PC though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 May 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (desktop) / x64 (laptop)
 
 

[Update]

Thanks for the suggestions, but I found a freeware that has the same capability as PowerISO. I haven't tried it yet though. It's ISOdisk.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 May 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

For ISO images of CD/DVD and burning them, one can go with the simple and straight forward Windows 7 native image burner.

ISODisk: had a look at it. The author doesn't seem to have tested it with 64bit Windows Vista/Windows 7. It is better to go with proven programs.

An alternative is ISO Recorder. ISO Recorder v3 It has both 32bit and 64 bit versions for Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 May 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (desktop) / x64 (laptop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post
For ISO images of CD/DVD and burning them, one can go with the simple and straight forward Windows 7 native image burner.

ISODisk: had a look at it. The author doesn't seem to have tested it with 64bit Windows Vista/Windows 7. It is better to go with proven programs.

An alternative is ISO Recorder. ISO Recorder v3 It has both 32bit and 64 bit versions for Windows 7.
Yes, I'm using the built-in burning program for Windows 7 when burning ISO's to a CD / DVD.

So the software is meant for 32-bit OS then? I'm on Windows 7 x86 so that won't be a problem for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 May 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dothackjhe View Post
........So the software is meant for 32-bit OS then? I'm on Windows 7 x86 so that won't be a problem for me.
Yep, the author of ISODisk very clearly states here ,

"Please note: this program can work fine with 32 bit version of Windows Vista, but it seem can't work with 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, I don't have Windows Vista 64-bit to test it by now."

There are many here who use Windows 64 bit. Thats why I fired the warning shot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2011   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (desktop) / x64 (laptop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dothackjhe View Post
........So the software is meant for 32-bit OS then? I'm on Windows 7 x86 so that won't be a problem for me.
Yep, the author of ISODisk very clearly states here ,

"Please note: this program can work fine with 32 bit version of Windows Vista, but it seem can't work with 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, I don't have Windows Vista 64-bit to test it by now."

There are many here who use Windows 64 bit. Thats why I fired the warning shot.
Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Similar programs to PowerISO




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33