It sounds as though you successfully uninstalled the games and what you are seeing are "left overs".
Can you delete the folders associated with the games?
Any AV program can give false positive results. I would recommend running an online scan.
First, disable Avast! Then run ESET online scanner.
=========================== Disable Avast
- Right click on the avast! icon in system tray (looks like this: ) and choose (Avast shield control)
- Choose disable permanently.
- Note: Don't forget to re-enable it after the fix.
=========================== ESET Online Scanner: Note:
You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here
. Vista/Windows 7 users:
You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator
from the context menu.
- Please go here to run the scan.
Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on:
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!