Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to create to custom software DVD/USB?

01 Sep 2011   #1
0080900

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
How to create to custom software DVD/USB?

How can I create a custom software DVD/USB with my logo on it?

I have possibly 2GB+ worth of software to put on to a DVD/USB so I can quickly install all those programs.

I know there's a program that does this, I just can't remember what it's called.

Please help.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2011   #2
GEWB

32bit: XP, Win7 H.P. / 64bit: 2008R2, Win7 Pro, Ultimate / Several flavors of Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 0080900 View Post
How can I create a custom software DVD/USB with my logo on it?

I have possibly 2GB+ worth of software to put on to a DVD/USB so I can quickly install all those programs.

I know there's a program that does this, I just can't remember what it's called.

Please help.
Not enough information. Are you looking for a software installer to install all of the software on you disk or are you looking for a program to label your disk?

If software installer, is this to install an image, a single program or a group of programs or files?

Regards,
GEWB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2011   #3
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

is this what you are looking for
Ninite - Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2011   #4
0080900

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GEWB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 0080900 View Post
How can I create a custom software DVD/USB with my logo on it?

I have possibly 2GB+ worth of software to put on to a DVD/USB so I can quickly install all those programs.

I know there's a program that does this, I just can't remember what it's called.

Please help.
Not enough information. Are you looking for a software installer to install all of the software on you disk or are you looking for a program to label your disk?

If software installer, is this to install an image, a single program or a group of programs or files?

Regards,
GEWB
Yeah an installer, but one that I can customize more than just the basics, like I can have it auto-choose program settings when installing the programs, also, has to have UI/GUI or at least some way of helping the user quickly pick through a software list.

Reason I ask is because I do computer repair, and I want to quickly install the essential software quickly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2011   #5
0080900

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
is this what you are looking for
Ninite - Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once
No, it doesn't allow customizing or custom software of your own, only software from their list from the looks of it.

Also requires web access since it downloads all the programs during the install.

Need something that'll allow to install without an internet connection.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2011   #6
GEWB

32bit: XP, Win7 H.P. / 64bit: 2008R2, Win7 Pro, Ultimate / Several flavors of Linux
 
 

Ninite probably comes the closest to your needs. Ninite Pro does have an offline function, see:

https://ninite.com/pro?utm_campaign=..._medium=ninite

There are other packages available - do a search for "bulk installer" but I don't know of any that have "auto-choose program settings." You would need to hire a programmer and have a custom app developed.

Regards,
GEWB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to create to custom software DVD/USB?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: How to create to custom software DVD/USB?
Thread Forum
Create Custom Service Performance & Maintenance
how can i create a custom windows 7 iso Customization
How do you create custom visual styles? Customization
Create custom self theme Themes and Styles
Create a custom Orb using CorelDraw Customization
Create custom theme Gadgets
Create a custom installation Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App