|07 Mar 2011||#81|
Found the 990c
I went back a few pages and found the directive to do Windows Update under the printer list if the 990c wasn't there. I did that and found the driver, followed the other directions and sure enough - it worked!
Many thanks to all who contributed to this fix.
|My System Specs|
|01 Jan 2014||#82|
Quicken 2006 Printing in Windows 7
I was able to get Quicken 2006 to print on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit system by following the steps below:
FIX QUICKEN 2006 SO IT WILL PRINT REPORTS AND CHECKS IN WINDOWS 7
1. Click the Windows button, select "Control Panel", and click "Printers".
2. Check to see if the Quicken PDF Printer is listed.
• If yes, proceed to "Configure the PDF Printer" below.
• If no, proceed to "Install the Quicken PDF Printer" below.
Install the Quicken PDF Printer
1. Make sure that you are logged in as a user with administrator rights
2. Right-click the Windows "Start" button, and select "Computer".
3. Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\PDFDrv.
4. Double-click on “RestorePdfDriver.bat”, and wait for the installation to complete. (A Command window will appear during the installation process, and will close when it is complete).
5. Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Devices and Printers".
6. Check to see if the "Quicken PDF Printer" is listed.
7. If it is still not listed:
• Backup all of your Quicken data
• Uninstall Quicken
• Do a fresh install of Quicken
• DO NOT run Quicken
8. Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Devices and Printers".
9. Check to see if the "Quicken PDF Printer" is listed. It should be present at this point.
10. Proceed to the next steps.
Configure the PDF Printer
1. Make sure that you are logged in as a user with administrator rights.
2. Right-click the Windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen and select "Task Manager".
3. Select the "Processes" tab.
4. Select the "splWOW64.exe" process (if found) and click the "End Process" button.
5. Close "Task Manager".
6. Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Devices and Printers".
7. Right-click the "Quicken PDF Printer" icon and select "Printer Properties".
8. Select the "Ports" tab, then click the "Add Port..." button.
9. Select "Local Port" and click the "New Port..." button.
10. Enter "PDF1" (without the quotes) for the new port name and click "OK". Close the "Printer Ports" window.
11. Ensure that the "PDF1" port is selected in the Ports list.
12. Select the "Advanced" tab.
13. Select the "Spool print documents" radio button to make the options below it clickable. Clear (uncheck) the box labeled "Enable advanced printing features".
14. Select the "Print directly to printer radio button".
15. Ensure that "Amyuni Document Converter 2.50" is selected in the "Driver:" drop-down field.
16. Click the "Apply" button and then click "OK".
17. Right-click the Windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen and select "Task Manager".
18. Select the "Processes" tab.
19. Select the "splWOW64.exe" process (if found) and click the "End Process" button.
20. IMPORTANT - Restart your computer.
21. Load Quicken 2006 and select your printer under "File" -> "Printer Setup".
Once you complete these steps, you should be able to print to your printer again. I am using a Canon printer, but I believe this should work for most printer makes.
I hope this helps!
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar help and support threads|
Need help loading Quicken Basic 2004 on Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)
I have a Windows 7 professional (64-bit) computer. I have been using Quicken Basic 2004 on my Windows XP (SP3) system. I would like to load and run it on my Win 7 machine since it does the job I need it to. I have searched the internet and read many ways to load and run Quicken on the Win 7...
Anyone know of a good forum where I can ask questions about quicken and how it handles account types? (I'm assuming the term "good" will negate suggestions for the intuit community...). Thanks
how to set up the time that Windows checks for updates
I would like to know if there is a way to where I can set a certain time to when Windows checks for updates so I don't have to check myself everyday
|Windows Updates & Activation|
Windows 7 Stuck in Boot Loop, but All System Checks OK
I shut my My HP Pavilion desktop with Windows 7 down normally and when I tried to turn it back on it is stuck in a boot loop. It starts, gets to the Windows 7 splash screen, then restarts. I can get to the BIOS, but I don't think it's a BIOS issue. When I hit F8 to get advanced options, I do...
|BSOD Help and Support|
Quicken 2009 Premier crashes printing checks on Win 7 Ultimate x64
My copy of Quicken 2009 Premier crashes printing checks on Win 7 Ultimate x64 for multiple printers, including my HP LaserJet P2015dn set up as a network printer, and my Epson C120 Ink Jet as well as CutePDF. It does NOT crash printing reports! This also occurs when printing checks using...
Quicken 2007 & Windows 7
I've loaded Quicken 2007 on my new laptop running Windows 7. Wont' open up. Any ideas? (I'm not very computer savy :( Quicken for XP - tried opening as administrator. Having the same issue with Wordperfect 11
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:22.