I really like this free app. (but find the latest beta version works better in 7. There is a paid pro version that adds little that the free version doesn't have. The free version basically has everything most users would need. One thing I really like about it is by default it gives you more info about what is going on as a file copy or move operation is occurring. "Copy your files faster and easier with TeraCopy
TeraCopy is a compact program designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed, providing the user a lot of features:
- Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual (using the existing explorer context menu commands).
- Full Unicode support.
- Windows 7 x64 support."
If interested in trying this free app, I recommend you try the latest beta version
which appears to be perfectly stable and is working well on my Windows 7 x64 system.