Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ZoneAlarm Problem

05 Aug 2009   #1
afgzee

Windows 7 x86 Buold 7600
 
 
ZoneAlarm Problem

Ok, following up from the network thread i made, i had uninstalled AVG Internet Security because it caused websites to hang, so now i installed ZoneAlarm AntiVirus w/ Firewall 9.0 Beta 2 and the connection seems to be working all fine, but theres a problem with the Action Centre

Is this normal for Action Centre to report Firewall & AntiVirus off (See screenshot)




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Aug 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
Ok, following up from the network thread i made, i had uninstalled AVG Internet Security because it caused websites to hang, so now i installed ZoneAlarm AntiVirus w/ Firewall 9.0 Beta 2 and the connection seems to be working all fine, but theres a problem with the Action Centre

Is this normal for Action Centre to report Firewall & AntiVirus off (See screenshot)

Probably an old version of zonealarm. where did you get it? what version? did you update the virus defs from ZA?
edit: never mind abt version number 9.o beta 2. you might not want to use the beta version

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #3
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

The screenshot was blury and out of focus to me ..... oh wait.. didnt have my glasses on....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Aug 2009   #4
afgzee

Windows 7 x86 Buold 7600
 
 

I got it from https://www.zonealarm.com/security/e...eta-center.htm

i updated the anti virus and i also checked for program updates and all is up-to-date

its v9.0.029.000
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #5
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

afgzee

Lets try this again. First get a non beta version for vista/win 7. then update the virus definitions. that should help sure the action center message. there is also another option, eset smart security. widely used easy, small footprint, etc.

Hope this helps

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #6
afgzee

Windows 7 x86 Buold 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
afgzee

Lets try this again. First get a non beta version for vista/win 7. then update the virus definitions. that should help sure the action center message. there is also another option, eset smart security. widely used easy, small footprint, etc.

Hope this helps

Ken
Only the 9.0 beta versions are compatible with windows 7, all other versions are blocked due to "compatibility issues"

Ok, i don't mind using this internet security, i was just using the products i saw on the Windows 7 Security page on Microsoft site.

is there a specific version which works with Windows 7 or any version?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
Only the 9.0 beta versions are compatible with windows 7, all other versions are blocked due to "compatibility issues"

Ok, i don't mind using this internet security, i was just using the products i saw on the Windows 7 Security page on Microsoft site.

is there a specific version which works with Windows 7 or any version?
Eset Smart Security version 4.x is widely used here and you can search for it to see how people like it. Its so good I dont even think abt it anymore.

Eset is here Firewall, Antivirus, Antispam: ESET Smart Security Has It All and it does a better job than zone alarm (which I used to use).

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #8
afgzee

Windows 7 x86 Buold 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Eset Smart Security version 4.x is widely used here and you can search for it to see how people like it. Its so good I dont even think abt it anymore.

Eset is here Firewall, Antivirus, Antispam: ESET Smart Security Has It All and it does a better job than zone alarm (which I used to use).

Ken
But it isn't free like ZoneAlarm

I have a valid subscription for Norton 360 which worked great during the Beta period (which is now closed), but they wont release the update for Windows 7 until after Augusut 6th so it could be released tomorrow, or in 1 month.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ZoneAlarm Problem




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to remove ZoneAlarm install bug???
I have tried to install ZoneAlarm firewall and never managed to. I ended up with a downloaded file without any extension, and Windows did not know what program to open it with. So I set my choice on Comodo firewall, and installed it successfully. However now "ZoneAlarm Free" appears in my...
Software
Zonealarm pro on opera 10.60
Hi All I have one computer that has Zonealarm pro on it the forcefield only works in IE Is there any way of making it work on Opera 10.60 (love it !) Thanks Saakeman
System Security
ZoneAlarm Firewall Driver cant get rid of
I've tried uninstalling but it says to contact my administrator but I'm the administrator. I tried device manager and the driver is not listed. This is causing BSOD.
Drivers
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
Source: ZoneAlarm Free Firewall - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com This doesn't look so bad.
System Security
Anyone using Zonealarm software with W7 ?
Please write what software exactly (Firewall,Internet Security etc) and if it works correctly ? Thanks !
System Security
ZoneAlarm Pro firewall for FREE ! (24h ONLY)
hi! from thewindowsclub: ----------------------------------------------------------- leofelix: Check Point's ZoneAlarm division plans to announce that it will give away free licenses to its ZoneAlarm Pro firewall software on "Patch Tuesday," or Tuesday, Oct. 13. The free giveaway will...
System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App