Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Live Movie Maker - Can I fade in AND fade out a single clip?


08 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 x64
 
 
Windows Live Movie Maker - Can I fade in AND fade out a single clip?

I have one clip in the timeline.

I would like it to fade in from black and fade out from black.

I know I can split the clip and fade in the first half and fade out the second half but there is always a little 'skip' in audio where the split was made.

Any ideas?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Nov 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Perhaps you have to fade the audio clip separately?

Adjusting audio in Windows Movie Maker: frequently asked questions
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Perhaps you have to fade the audio clip separately?

Adjusting audio in Windows Movie Maker: frequently asked questions
It's the video I want to fade, not the audio.

Hence the fade in/out from black references :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Nov 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

It would appear that you can only apply one effect per clip by default, so it would seem the gap is caused by the clip effectively being split into two clips: one for the fade in and one for the fade out.

Check this article, which may have the solution you're looking for.

Adding fade-in fade-out effects in Windows Live Movie Maker | Kamal S. Prasad
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #5

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
It would appear that you can only apply one effect per clip by default, so it would seem the gap is caused by the clip effectively being split into two clips: one for the fade in and one for the fade out.

Check this article, which may have the solution you're looking for.

Adding fade-in fade-out effects in Windows Live Movie Maker | Kamal S. Prasad
Ah excellent, that solves the video fade issue! Many thanks!

Seems I can't apply "Audio fade in: Slow" and "Audio fade out: Slow" to a single clip, unfortunately.

I mean if there is a single clip, can you apply the following to it:

Video: Fade in from black (solved)
Video Fade out from black (solved)
Audio: Fade in slow
Audio: Fade out slow
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Well, I'm no expert on WLM so I can't really say, but if you are allowed only one effect per clip it would seem you can't because the video fading is classed as one effect whilst the audio fading is classed as another.

It may be that you need to choose different authoring software and a Google search should reveal plenty of freebies that will let you do what you want.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #7

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Well, I'm no expert on WLM so I can't really say, but if you are allowed only one effect per clip it would seem you can't because the video fading is classed as one effect whilst the audio fading is classed as another.

It may be that you need to choose different authoring software and a Google search should reveal plenty of freebies that will let you do what you want.
You'd be surprised how little amount there are that are free
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #9

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Avid Free DV is no longer available, iMovie is for Mac and the other two struggle with MTS files from modern camcorders.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

All I can suggest then is you carry out further searches on Google and if you can't find what you want you may need to spend some money.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Live Movie Maker - Can I fade in AND fade out a single clip?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Live Movie Maker - Can I fade in AND fade out a single clip?
Thread Forum
Windows live movie maker help Music, Pictures & Video
Menu slide or fade in Windows 7. How to change? Performance & Maintenance
How do I fade sound from video's using Windows Live Movie Maker? Music, Pictures & Video
Windows 7 Live Movie Maker Software
Menu fade or slide in Windows 7. How to change? Customization
Windows Media Player Control Panel Fade Media Center

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33