Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows SDK install failure

15 Nov 2011   #1
AsifHirai

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
Windows SDK install failure

I am in kind of a hurry starting up my account as I am not able to install the Windows SDK, I have previously installed and uninstalled it before but I need to reinstall it now and I got this error while the install was on

Installation of the "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7" product has reported the following error: Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AsifHirai View Post
I am in kind of a hurry starting up my account as I am not able to install the Windows SDK, I have previously installed and uninstalled it before but I need to reinstall it now and I got this error while the install was on

Installation of the "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7" product has reported the following error: Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information.

Um, have you? Any chance we can get your system specs if you havent and the configdetails file?

Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #3
AsifHirai

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

My system specs are in the little link on the side of my post called
Show System Specs \/

I can't seem to find the file, sorry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AsifHirai View Post
My system specs are in the little link on the side of my post called
Show System Specs \/

I can't seem to find the file, sorry
Have you searched for the filename? ConfigDetails.htm
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #5
AsifHirai

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I tried a install with an older SDK installer, I got another error message
Code:
Installation of the "Application Verifier" product has reported the following error: Fatal error during installation.
Can't find the file, sorry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AsifHirai View Post
I tried a install with an older SDK installer, I got another error message
Code:
Installation of the "Application Verifier" product has reported the following error: Fatal error during installation.
Can't find the file, sorry.

You can keep "trying" things or re-install clean and start with a fresh clean system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2011   #7
AsifHirai

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I was thinking the same thing, I'll call up Sony and see what they can do
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows SDK install failure




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows SDK install failure
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 install failure Windows Updates & Activation
Solved Windows 7 SP1 install failure, error 80070002 Windows Updates & Activation
Failure to install windows update Windows Updates & Activation
windows 7 professional install failure Installation & Setup
How to re-install Windows 7 on a hard drive with a logical failure Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Failure Install Problem Windows Updates & Activation
Solved Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit install failure Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App