Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: when starting windows i get a rundll error

09 Dec 2011   #11
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

did you make any changes to your computer back then? and have you un checked the option? does it still pop up?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Dec 2011   #12
biotech326

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

hey ive downloaded something which appeared to be a virus or trojan and
when i removed it it may have harmed the functionality of other things
such ad this msi dll.

when i uncheck the box the message won't come up which is good
but still i want to know what its in charge of
so i can be with ease with the fact not having it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2011   #13
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

This dll is was part of the virus thus when the virus was removed it deleted the dll. Just remove the entry from the start up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Dec 2011   #14
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
This dll is was part of the virus thus when the virus was removed it deleted the dll. Just remove the entry from the start up.
so does that mean his problem is solved. also i tried to google the .dll he gets.. but nothing comes up. weird right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2011   #15
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
This dll is was part of the virus thus when the virus was removed it deleted the dll. Just remove the entry from the start up.
so does that mean his problem is solved. also i tried to google the .dll he gets.. but nothing comes up. weird right?
You said you did a google search and couldn't find it, so it's not an important dll file, and logicearth is probably right that it was part of the virus. It usually means the dll pointer is still in the registry. I run into this a lot helping other people with their computers, and if it is not a system dll or program dll for one of the programs installed on the computer, I'll just delete the entry from the registry. It doesn't affect system integrity in the slightest. Removing it from startup was also a good workaround. Well done!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2011   #16
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
This dll is was part of the virus thus when the virus was removed it deleted the dll. Just remove the entry from the start up.
so does that mean his problem is solved. also i tried to google the .dll he gets.. but nothing comes up. weird right?
You said you did a google search and couldn't find it, so it's not an important dll file, and logicearth is probably right that it was part of the virus. It usually means the dll pointer is still in the registry. I run into this a lot helping other people with their computers, and if it is not a system dll or program dll for one of the programs installed on the computer, I'll just delete the entry from the registry. It doesn't affect system integrity in the slightest. Removing it from startup was also a good workaround. Well done!
thank you for the very clear information
i never faced any problem with any dll files ever so, i was just not sure.
thank you again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #17
biotech326

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

thanks everyone you helped me alot!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #18
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

mark the thread as solved
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 when starting windows i get a rundll error




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
RunDLL-"There was a problem starting C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp
I am getting this error message when I boot my computer. I am running Windows 7 and do not know what it means. Can anyone give me some advice? I greatly appreciate it!! Here is the full message: RunDLL "There was a problem starting C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\ The specified...
General Discussion
RunDLL Windows Photo Viewer.dll Error!
So, today i was trying to open a picture and i got this Error... I'm pretty new to computers and stuff, So i'm don't really know how to fix it. So Could someone please give me some information on how this Error occurred or even help me fix it thanks. :) This is an image of the Error: ...
Music, Pictures & Video
RunDLL error when starting Windows 7
The error I get, everytime windows loads up, it reads: RunDLL There was a problem starting C:\ProgramData\Intel\diagagnt.dll The specified module could not be found. --------- What is this, and how do I fix it :cool: My Systems specs are in my profile.
Hardware & Devices
RUNDLL there was a problem starting -k
when i log into windows i get this error message. Ive googled it & had a lilttle browse and couldnt find anything, any help would be much appreciated, cheers ;)
Software
RunDLL : There was a Problem starting msiqax.dll
Hello! I am new in forum and hope to find a solution for my problem here. I have win7 Ultimate*64 with service pack 1 and it was running very good but since some days I am having a weird start-up error. :mad: It says:...
General Discussion
RunDLL error
When I start the laptop, an error is comming There was error starting msixth32.dll The specified module could not be found. What is it all about and what is the solution for it?
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App