Hi and welcome to Seven Forums!
Regarding your query, as far as I know, this is how you do it. It is convoluted but possible.
Right then, before even opening synctoy, there are a few things you need to do.
- Open up any folder on your computer
- Go to organise -> Folder and search options
- Click the view tab
- Check show hidden files and folders
- Uncheck hide protected operating system files (recommended)
- Press OK
Now you're ready to open Synctoy! Ready, lets go
- Open synctoy and select the folder pair you want to exclude the recycle bin from
- Click the small text link that says Change options
- Uncheck the boxes for exclude hidden files and exclude system files if they are checked.
- Click select subfolder
- Wait for all the folders to appear
- Locate C:\$RECYCLE.BIN in the left hand column.
- Now uncheck this. This will deselect the recycle bin folder from the sync
- Ok -> OK
- Run the now updated folder sync
If all has gone well, the recycle bin should not have been synced across to the other drive. To check this, navigate to the $RECYCLE.BIN folder on the other drive. You are also now free to hide hidden files and protected operating system files again if you want to. I recommend it as it stops you making any stupid errors and mucking up a system folder.
I hope this helps to solve the problem and if you have any issues following these steps, feel free to ask.