|28 Jun 2012||#2|
Solution Proposed !
Well the problem is actually on Dell's part not yours and is rather easy to solve. Actually the recovery partiton is hidden so the old version of Data Safe is unable to detect it. Let's solve this problem niw:
1. Open MyComputer, Click on C: drive.
2. Open Program Files (x86)/Dell DataSafe Local Backup/Components/DSUpdate
3. Click DSUpdate (an .exe file shown as type "Application") (You must be connected to internet)
4. It will update from version 9.4.40 to 9.4.4x (where x > 0)
5. It did something with the partition.
6. It will tell you to "reboot". Restart the laptop.
7. Then launch Dell DataSafe Local Backup.
8. This new version will detect the partition and enable you to make recovery discs.
9. You will need two DVD's and it will take approx one hour to create the recovery discs.
Hope this helps !
|My System Specs|
|28 Jun 2012||#3|
To see if Azo is correct (that the Recovery partition is simply hidden) you could open Disk Management and see if the Recovery partition is still showing. If it's not, it's most likely no longer on your hard drive.
How To Access Disk Management in Windows 7
If the Recovery partition is no longer on the hard drive it's probably not going to be possible to recreate it according to this Dell forum member. (Fireberd is also a Seven Forums member and very knowledgeable about all things Dell.)
Inspiron N5110 - restore to factory defaults !! BIG PROBLEM - Microsoft OS Forum - Software & Operating Systems - Dell Community
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Dell Inspiron N5110 has missing recovery partition.|
|dell inspiron n5110 bluetooth drivers||Drivers|
|Dell Inspiron N5110 Bluetooth Problem||Hardware & Devices|
|Dell Data restore windows seven home premium Dell inspiron n5110?||Backup and Restore|
|Wireless problem, Dell Inspiron N5110||Network & Sharing|
|Windows 7 Restore after installing XP on dell inspiron n5110||Backup and Restore|
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.