Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows live messenger not starting.


13 Jul 2012   #1

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Windows live messenger not starting.

I have been having this problem since two days.

My windows live messenger are not starting, and here is what i have tried:

- Ending proccess, in taskmanager.. It ignores it! Dosen't end.
- Uninstalling it the default way, by controll panel.
- Uninstalling it and all other windows live essentials.

- I always had this program named 'MSN Discovery', it came an update for it, and i installed the update. I am not sure if that could cause the error.

But its kinda annoying to not get into MSN Even evryone uses skype. Anyone have a idea on what i can do? When i can't even terminate the proccess in taskmanager?


If you can help me, please reply here, and i'd be really thankfull.

Thanks!

Edit:
- I have been on Google searching for it, but nothing seem to work.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jul 2012   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Welcome to Seven forums

Did you try a System Restore ?

Do a SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker and restart if it finds violations.

Keep us posted and hope I come back with more suggestions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2012   #3

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77 View Post
Welcome to Seven forums

Did you try a System Restore ?

Do a SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker and restart if it finds violations.

Keep us posted and hope I come back with more suggestions.
Thanks!

- I just tried filechecker. Did not work. It only found obs.somthing, and it fixed my ORB Button.

- I don't want to system restore.. Or I'm unsure when it happend, as i have been downloading alot of stuff since that. And removed alot of viruses.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Jul 2012   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by djfresh View Post

Thanks!

- I just tried filechecker. Did not work. It only found obs.somthing, and it fixed my ORB Button.

- I don't want to system restore.. Or I'm unsure when it happend, as i have been downloading alot of stuff since that. And removed alot of viruses.
Okay.

Do you have windows live and its other components installed right now?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2012   #5

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by djfresh View Post

Thanks!

- I just tried filechecker. Did not work. It only found obs.somthing, and it fixed my ORB Button.

- I don't want to system restore.. Or I'm unsure when it happend, as i have been downloading alot of stuff since that. And removed alot of viruses.
Okay.

Do you have windows live and its other components installed right now?
Only windows live. I think msn discovery got uninstalled with it. I'm not sure actually, as i dont find MSN Discovery.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2012   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Could you post a screen shot of your Control Panel Programs and features

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2012   #7

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 






There you go. I installed a really old version of MSN To try, did not work!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2012   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Wow. Thanks for the snips.

Download and install Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall revouninstaller and uninstall all windows live components in advanced mode.

(Don't forget to remove the left over registry while uninstalled, if it says you need to reboot click no and first delete the left over registry then reboot)

Then go to this link Download Windows Live Messenger 2011 (15.4.3555) - FileHippo.com download and install the stuffs you use.

Keep us posted for more suggestions
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2012   #9

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

This came, i altso click reboot requierd option.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2012   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by djfresh View Post
This came, i altso click reboot requierd option.

Thanks for the update.

Is this with revouninstaller?
Go ahead..reboot and continue the rest.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows live messenger not starting.




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33