|13 Jul 2012||#1|
Programs no longer install/update correctly
I seem to not be able to install new programs to my computer anymore. Additionally, programs can not update themselves--the programs that auto-update have stopped working (they just "hang up" during the install or update process).
- Programs that don't try to update seem to work fine. I can use them, save new files, and do everything else as normal. The problem is restricted to programs that are trying to update, or programs I'm trying to install.
- Restarting the computer or trying to re-install the programs has not solved the issue.
- I am able to work around the issue for one of the programs (Screenpresso) by manually downloading the updated edition and installing it in safe mode. This tactic does not work on my other programs with "update issues" though (FocusMe, Market Samurai, & SpinnerChief)
- Disabling all my background monitoring programs in normal startup mode (Adaware, ZoneAlarm, AVG) has not helped
- The problem has been occuring for about a month and I've been tolerating it because the programs with issues were not needed then. Now they are--and I need to figure out what the issue is!
I'm using Windows 7 32 bit.
Thank you for any help with this.
|My System Specs|
|16 Jul 2012||#10|
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Programs no longer install/update correctly|
|DL'ed programs (ie Firefox) won't install/update w/out admin privilege||Software|
|Programs not working correctly||General Discussion|
|Programs in Program Guide no longer open (they used to)||Media Center|
|Some user accounts unable to run programs correctly.||BSOD Help and Support|
|Double Click No Longer Starts Programs||General Discussion|
|Update errors? can't install correctly||Windows Updates & Activation|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.