Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Application Errors

17 Aug 2012   #31
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
Nope. Still no. Hmm. I'll just force delete the leftovers in my AppData folder... first create a system restore point.
Good Luck.

Let us know what happens when you reinstall them.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Aug 2012   #32
Amazing Aura

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Still no. :| lol I'll give up. I have Sony Vegas anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #33
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
Still no. :| lol I'll give up. I have Sony Vegas anyway.
A repair install or a clean install wouldn't harm. In fact do good since you can see you are having certain issues with your computer.

Feel free to mark the thread as solved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Aug 2012   #34
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

A suggestion that got left: Download and install CCleaner from here:
Download CCleaner 3.21.1767 - FileHippo.com

Go to the registry tab and Scan for issues. Fix the selected issues, reboot.
Then try installing the WLM programs you want. See if you still get any errors.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #35
Amazing Aura

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77 View Post
A suggestion that got left: Download and install CCleaner from here:
Download CCleaner 3.21.1767 - FileHippo.com

Go to the registry tab and Scan for issues. Fix the selected issues, reboot.
Then try installing the WLM programs you want. See if you still get any errors.
I had CCleaner since... June 30th this year. The date when I last did a clean installation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #36
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
I had CCleaner since... June 30th this year. The date when I last did a clean installation.
Okay try clearing the registry as I said in my previous post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #37
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

I understand it's frustrating, but answers like "Nope", "Didn't work" are pretty vague.

Did you try this?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
Oh here's something new. It loaded and I installed Windows Writer and this is what it says. "Windows Live Writer can't start because a necessary file is missing or corrupt. To fix this problem in the Control Panel, please go to Programs and Features and repair Windows Live Esentials." xP





Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
Nope. Still no. Hmm. I'll just force delete the leftovers in my AppData folder... first create a system restore point.
This is not a good idea if you are trying to fix something, how often do you do things like this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #38
Amazing Aura

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
I understand it's frustrating, but answers like "Nope", "Didn't work" are pretty vague.

Did you try this?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
Oh here's something new. It loaded and I installed Windows Writer and this is what it says. "Windows Live Writer can't start because a necessary file is missing or corrupt. To fix this problem in the Control Panel, please go to Programs and Features and repair Windows Live Esentials." xP





Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
Nope. Still no. Hmm. I'll just force delete the leftovers in my AppData folder... first create a system restore point.
This is not a good idea if you are trying to fix something, how often do you do things like this?
Only with a game I play. All its contents are stored in the AppData folder so I delete it every so often...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #39
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Did you try this or not?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
Oh here's something new. It loaded and I installed Windows Writer and this is what it says. "Windows Live Writer can't start because a necessary file is missing or corrupt. To fix this problem, in the Control Panel, please go to Programs and Features and repair Windows Live Esentials." xP



Have you tried to completely uninstall Windows Live Essentials?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #40
Amazing Aura

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Did you try this or not?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
Oh here's something new. It loaded and I installed Windows Writer and this is what it says. "Windows Live Writer can't start because a necessary file is missing or corrupt. To fix this problem, in the Control Panel, please go to Programs and Features and repair Windows Live Esentials." xP



Have you tried to completely uninstall Windows Live Essentials?
Windows Live Essentials isn't in my "Uninstall Programs and Features" list.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Application Errors




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
dwm.exe - Bad Image and explorer.exe - Application errors
My sister's laptop, which was working quite fine earlier in the day, decided to 'die' on us and gives us the following messages: 1st error message: dwm.exe - Bad Image C:\\Windows\system32\d3d10_1.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
General Discussion
Multiple application errors
I tried to start up my computer this morning and almost all of my application kept giving me a stopped working unexpectedly error message things from steam to outlook to explorer and what not. any ideas on what I could do to find out what is wrong?
Hardware & Devices
Multiple BSODs, Application errors & can't install ANY drivers.
Hi guys, My computer has been having multiple issues as of late. First of all, I can't install ANY driver at all. Secondly, I have been having multiple BSODs probably from the lack of updated drivers. It has become so bad that inserting an USB into my computer in normal mode causes a BSOD,...
BSOD Help and Support
Is there a program/application(free) to scan and fix disk errors?
I tried using Auslogics Boostspeed trial version, It's actually pretty cool 'cause it scans and shows how many junks files, registry errors, fragmented and disk errors there is, plus status if it's critical or whatsoever. But since it's only a trial version, I can't fix/repair all of the errors....
Performance & Maintenance
Random BSODs and application errors
Hey folks, I'm working on my cousin's computer which I just put together for him the other week. Since he took it home, it has been the victim of repeated blue screens and application failures. Since the computer was basically brand new, and there was no risk of losing any files, I first...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App