Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Photoshop - How Many Pixels is 8.5 by 11 paper, like the normal paper?

12 Sep 2012   #1
TheTechRishab

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Photoshop - How Many Pixels is 8.5 by 11 paper, like the normal paper?

Hey guys, I am making something, but I'd like to print something in a normal 8.5 by 11 paper, can anyone please tell me how much is that converted into pixels or cm.

Thanks
NOTE: Plz don't say depends on your printer or something, it depends on the size of paper, and here I want 8.5 by 11 converted. Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Sep 2012   #2
Anthony

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

When you make a document you can make it 8.5 * 11 Inches. Once you have created it switch to pixels!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2012   #3
TheTechRishab

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
When you make a document you can make it 8.5 * 11 Inches. Once you have created it switch to pixels!!
What? How?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Sep 2012   #4
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheTechRishab View Post
Hey guys, I am making something, but I'd like to print something in a normal 8.5 by 11 paper, can anyone please tell me how much is that converted into pixels or cm.

Thanks
NOTE: Plz don't say depends on your printer or something, it depends on the size of paper, and here I want 8.5 by 11 converted. Thanks
If you'd care to give a little more detail about what you're doing, you might get an answer that makes sense. Bitmap image? Line graphics? Counterfeit currency?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2012   #5
TheTechRishab

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheTechRishab View Post
Hey guys, I am making something, but I'd like to print something in a normal 8.5 by 11 paper, can anyone please tell me how much is that converted into pixels or cm.

Thanks
NOTE: Plz don't say depends on your printer or something, it depends on the size of paper, and here I want 8.5 by 11 converted. Thanks
If you'd care to give a little more detail about what you're doing, you might get an answer that makes sense. Bitmap image? Line graphics? Counterfeit currency?
Jpeg
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2012   #6
Zepher

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quality is going to depend on the source image.

Normally I just make a new document at 8.5x11 @ 300dpi and put the file in there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2012   #7
Anthony

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Go to file > New > enter width & height then on the right of width & height change the drop down to inches pixel centimeters etc...

Once you have it created go to Image > canvas size > change percentage to pixels.

Also if your printing don't forget to change the resolution to your printers DPI e.g About 300px per Inch when you create the document, if its for web leave it at 72
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2012   #8
PooMan UK

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Here ya go pal


Attached Thumbnails
-page-size.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2012   #9
TheTechRishab

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2014   #10
kabo0m

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
 
 

2550 x 3300 exactly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Photoshop - How Many Pixels is 8.5 by 11 paper, like the normal paper?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
custom paper sizes in W7
Hope this is in correct forum. Unable to delete or add custom paper sizes for default printer in windows 7(all updates installed as of 5/22) As seen in screen shot, there are 20 identical custom paper sizes. How do I delete these and/or add addt'l custom paper sizes for default(only)...
Hardware & Devices
The future of digital is… paper
The future of digital is
News
Paper Is Not Dead
Le papier ne sera jamais mort / Paper is not dead ! on Vime
Chillout Room
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Rock-Paper-Scissors: You vs. the Computer - NYTimes.com Veteran Me= 9 Ties= 9 Computer= 8 Stopped while I was ahead. A Guy
Chillout Room
BSOD while typing a term paper
Good thing OOo saves automatically. Can anyone shed some light on this mini dump for me? Thanks, 6027
BSOD Help and Support
how to download i-paper from any site ??
does anyone know how to download i-paper from any e-book site ???:confused::cry::(
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App