Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Free recover files from SanDisk 16GB microSDHC Memory Card after forma

26 Sep 2012   #1
Carole45

Win XP
 
 
Free recover files from SanDisk 16GB microSDHC Memory Card after forma

I have a SanDisk 16GB microSDHC Memory Card and it worked well all the time. Unfortunately, I formatted it yesterday and all the files are gone. I want to look for some free software to recover my files.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Sep 2012   #2
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Welcome to the Seven Forums

You could try Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download it may work is hard to say.

Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2012   #3
Carole45

Win XP
 
 
Thank you for your advice

Thank you for your advice! I have tried it, but unfortunately I only recovered less than half of my files. Somebody told me to try iCare data recovery. Have you ever used it?
I am afraid i can't restore my files if i don't find a good solution soon!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Sep 2012   #4
Golden

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Hi,

You may as well try it - note the FREE version only recovers 2GB of data.

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #5
Carole45

Win XP
 
 
You used iCare Data Recovery Free

You have ever used it? Does it work well? Can you give me more information? Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #6
Golden

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

No, I've never used it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #7
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #8
Carole45

Win XP
 
 

Thanks, I have recovered about 80% of my files with iCare Data Recovery Free. It's a little regret without recovering the rest 20%. But I am still happy all my photos have been recovered.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #9
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

If you have only images to recover, you may also try ZAR ( Zero Assumption Recovery ) which feature is free without any limitations.

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm

You may try to recover the rest of the 20% with ZAR and then PhotoRec in that order.

Please do try and report the results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2012   #10
Carole45

Win XP
 
 

But I have recovered all my photos with iCare Data Recovery Free, the rest of 20% are some videos and documents. Can I recover them?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Free recover files from SanDisk 16GB microSDHC Memory Card after forma




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Physical memory 16GB and 1800 free?! nothing Running HELP!!
Yeah the title says it all , I'm checking my Physical memory on Task manager and it says : total 16232 Cached 11023 Available 12465 Free 1800 ?!?!?!?! Any help thanks P.S ( I play alot of games and when free drops below 10 it Causes my Games to Not respond exc..)
Performance & Maintenance
SanDisk's ULLtraDIMM is an SSD on a memory stick
Source A Guy
News
How to Recover Contacts from Memory card
Due to some reason my memory card formatted. In my Memory Card i have a back up of my contacts. I try to recover data from memory card for this i just try with the following utilities: 1.photorec 2.Recuva 3.Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery - Professional and 4. iCare Data...
Backup and Restore
SanDisk Card Reader not working?
First time, i am trying to use a sandisk card for readyboost. But it only showed up once when downloading something like a update device driver or whatever. But it is not showing up. Any tips on getting it to work? I am currently googling the solution but so far no luck.
Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App