Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Removing Old Program Files

07 Jan 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dual Boot With Windows 8 Pro
 
 
Removing Old Program Files

I have these files (renamed hi) that were from when I installed Windows 8.
How would I go about doing so?
These files are program files, program files (x86), program data, and perf logs




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Jan 2013   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kozhaikin View Post
I have these files (renamed hi) that were from when I installed Windows 8.
How would I go about doing so?
These files are program files, program files (x86), program data, and perf logs

It appears they are all on your "D" drive, so just delete them in the usual manner.

HTH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dual Boot With Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kozhaikin View Post
I have these files (renamed hi) that were from when I installed Windows 8.
How would I go about doing so?
These files are program files, program files (x86), program data, and perf logs

It appears they are all on your "D" drive, so just delete them in the usual manner.

HTH
No but that doesn't work. It won't let me delete them. Also the "D" drive is just a partition of the C drive.
Thirdly, I need that drive because as you can see, it has Lenovo files that I need for my computer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Jan 2013   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kozhaikin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kozhaikin View Post
I have these files (renamed hi) that were from when I installed Windows 8.
How would I go about doing so?
These files are program files, program files (x86), program data, and perf logs

It appears they are all on your "D" drive, so just delete them in the usual manner.

HTH
No but that doesn't work. It won't let me delete them. Also the "D" drive is just a partition of the C drive.
Thirdly, I need that drive because as you can see, it has Lenovo files that I need for my computer
When you try to delete them, what happens? In other words, is there an error message and what does it state? I never said to delete the "D" drive partition, only the folders you want to remove.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2013   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dual Boot With Windows 8 Pro
 
 

It says I need permission from TrustedInstaller
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2013   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dual Boot With Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kozhaikin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post

It appears they are all on your "D" drive, so just delete them in the usual manner.

HTH
No but that doesn't work. It won't let me delete them. Also the "D" drive is just a partition of the C drive.
Thirdly, I need that drive because as you can see, it has Lenovo files that I need for my computer
When you try to delete them, what happens? In other words, is there an error message and what does it state? I never said to delete the "D" drive partition, only the folders you want to remove.
It says I need permission from TrustedInstaller
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2013   #7

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kozhaikin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kozhaikin View Post

No but that doesn't work. It won't let me delete them. Also the "D" drive is just a partition of the C drive.
Thirdly, I need that drive because as you can see, it has Lenovo files that I need for my computer
When you try to delete them, what happens? In other words, is there an error message and what does it state? I never said to delete the "D" drive partition, only the folders you want to remove.
It says I need permission from TrustedInstaller
Try the following link for a solution;

Windows 7 – How to Delete Files Protected by TrustedInstaller

HTH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2013   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dual Boot With Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kozhaikin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post

When you try to delete them, what happens? In other words, is there an error message and what does it state? I never said to delete the "D" drive partition, only the folders you want to remove.
It says I need permission from TrustedInstaller
Try the following link for a solution;

Windows 7 How to Delete Files Protected by TrustedInstaller

HTH
It says I require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder.

It says this when I am trying to delete this folder, also I am admin, and am signed in to the admin account
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2013   #9

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kozhaikin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kozhaikin View Post

It says I need permission from TrustedInstaller
Try the following link for a solution;

Windows 7 How to Delete Files Protected by TrustedInstaller

HTH
It says I require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder.

It says this when I am trying to delete this folder, also I am admin, and am signed in to the admin account
Visit the following link for help with the new problem;

Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

HTH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2013   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dual Boot With Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kozhaikin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post

Try the following link for a solution;

Windows 7 How to Delete Files Protected by TrustedInstaller

HTH
It says I require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder.

It says this when I am trying to delete this folder, also I am admin, and am signed in to the admin account
Visit the following link for help with the new problem;

Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

HTH
Wow, that worked!

Thanks So Much!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Removing Old Program Files




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33