|26 Jan 2013||#1|
| || |
Skype - turned off auto update, update window still pop up
exactly as title stated, I turned off auto update option in skype, also in services showing skype update is disabled the update window still pop up each time i restart skype.. freaking annoying how do I turn it off completely?
edit: credit to JonoMac from Skype forum
I found a way to disable the Skype update, it is a bit heavy handed, but it works.
1) C:\Users\”YourName”\AppData\Local\Temp folder.
2) Find the file called SkypeSetup.exe, and delete it.
3) Create a text file in the folder, rename it to SkypeSetup.exe
4) Right click on the new file you just created and ask for properties.
5) Next left click the security tab then left click the advanced button.
6) Now left click “Change Permissions” and then “Add”. Enter “Everyone” (without the quotes) where it sez’, “Enter the object name to select (examples):” and click “OK”.
7) Now check the “Deny” box for “Full control” and click “OK”.
Your system should complain mightily about how you just denied access to that file for everyone and only the owner can access that file now … click “OK” … that’s exactly the way you want it!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Skype - turned off auto update, update window still pop up|
|Laptop turned off during SP update now blinking cursor on boot.||General Discussion|
|skype update listed in Windows Update||Windows Updates & Activation|
|No Auto Update is Auto Updating? Screenshot||Drivers|
|Windows Turned Auto Update Back On?||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Turned off computer during SP1 update..||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Stop Win7 Auto-update from auto restarting your computer||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Automatic update turned off but still windows updates...||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.