|29 Jan 2013||#1|
Windows 7 32bit, Flash, Java, All Browsers, Streaming Video
Ok i'm having the same problem as lots of other people.
I go to bbc.co.uk/iplayer, i click on something i want to watch I get there and the page appears but with no pre-video image or play button.
I have just down graded from windows 7 64bit to windows 7 32bit as I thought this may have been the problem, due to flash 64bit problems. So I have a fresh install of windows 7.
I have tried quite a few things, please see the list below:
1. Both firefox, chrome, ie 9 & ie 10. All with no flash or java installed, i know this is not right, but something interesting happened. The website did exactly the same thing as before, there was nothing telling me on the bbc website that flash was needed and go here to download it.
2. Installed different versions of flash and java, and in combinations of old & old, old & new, new & old, new & new.
3. I have tried older versions of browers, this made no difference.
4. My wifes computer does the same thing with firefox and chrome, but ie 9 does work correctly. we copied all settings from internet options, ie 9's settings from her's to mine. Still nothing.
5. I have tried clearing cashe, nothing changed.
6. I have removed flash and java. then just installed Google Chrome, as this has flash built in. I then tried bbc iplayer and still nothing. I then install java, again nothing.
7. There have been other website as well as bbc iplayer, that are not working.
These problems happen in all browsers on my computer and on all browsers except ie9 on my wifes computer.
Amd Athlon II x4 635 2.90Ghz
Running Windows 7 32bit
My Wifes System:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core 6000+
ATI Radeon 6450
Running Windows 7 64Bit
However our Sony Vaio plays all video types on all browers, running windows 7 32Bit.
Youtube runs fine on my computer. When I check flash version on adobe site the flash created box appears telling me my version. It seems odd that some types of flash run whilst others do not. When they're not working, there is no error message, just an empty box where the flash item should be.
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar help and support threads|
CPU 100% maxed out (Only when streaming Flash Video sites)
Hi, I've been having a problem with my CPU maxing out on sites that use flash video for almost a year now. I've gone through all the checks for Malware and virus's using multiple programs from other members of a forum but no one has been able to help me as of yet. The problem only occurs...
|Performance & Maintenance|
Flash video crashes on multiple browsers
Sorry guys wasn't sure to post this in here or in software? My specs: eMachines notebook Intel Core i3 CPU 2GB RAM Windows 7 64 bit Browsers Installed IE8, Firefox 4 and Chrome AVG Free Edition installed
|Browsers & Mail|
Java for Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
I need one of the following for Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit: Java SE 6, any update level J2SE 5.0, Update 10 or later J2SE 1.4.2_13 or later
Odd external display issue with streaming flash video
Hi everyone, this problem is vexing to say the least. Whenever I play a streaming flash video through my browser (FF) on my laptop's display, everything plays fine at full screen whether it's Hulu 360p, youtube 720p, etc., but when it's connected to my LCD TV via VGA, the video becomes choppy. 720p...
|Music, Pictures & Video|
Patchy flash video streaming
Hi all, I have installed a Win7 Ultimate RTM trial on my pc and connected it to my Internode NakedADSL2+ Ultra net connection. It is an 18Mbit connection with cat6 cables and when downloading a test file from Internode's servers pulls about 1200kB/s. I have noticed, ever since running 7085,...
|Network & Sharing|
Flash crashes all the web browsers on Windows Seven
Hello I'v got a big problem. I've just installed Windows Seven x86 on my laptop. I tried to put Adobe Flash Player on this OS but everytime I open this kind of element (.flash), it crashes my browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera) Do you have any advice/solution? Thanks for your support :)
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:02.