Oh, I see exactly what's going on here. These are the hidden files and folders. Here's what to do:
- Open the Start Menu
- Type folder options and press Enter (or you may be able to just type fol and press Enter)
- Alternatively, click the Tools menu in any folder
- Choose "Folder options..."
- Select the View tab at the top of the Folder Options control panel
- Select "Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives"
- Click OK (it's not necessary to click Apply)
This should work. If not, then we'll keep at it until we succeed. Edit:
By the way, it looks to me like she's using Windows 8. So these steps may not be precisely the same.