|22 May 2013||#1|
| || |
ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dl
Quick issue. This has been going on for MONTHS and im sick of it. This issue started happening after i removed some crap called SpyHunter. Because of this error "ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll" i have not been able to use a lot of programs and i cant remove a few.
I get this message spammed when i try to open some programs such as Need For Speed: World, League of Legends, Mediacoder, Skype loads a blank page and im forced to close the process and many other programs. Internet Explorer also crashes a few seconds after i open it.
Im sick of being spammed by this error and having it prevent me from doing things. So how do i fix it? Please help.
I have tried this and google searching with no success.
To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
Quit all programs that are running.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
From: You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or nothing occurs after you click a link
Now when i do regsvr32 name.dll they all fail except for Shell32.dll and Mshtml.dll, No dialog will show up for Mshtml.dll, But Shell32.dll & urlmon.dll is successful.
Please help me fix this issue, I am sick of having it and would love for it to go away. Thank you.
|My System Specs|
|01 Jun 2013||#5|
| || |
Not sure whether this solution will work for you, but I had the exact same error, apparently as a result of the Windows update (Actually IE) KB2847204 patch. I've pasted a dialog I posted on Microsoft's forum in thanks to a user (who is a native French speaker) over there who came up with the solution: 'Hope this is not poor Forums etiquette, so I'm also putting a link to that thread at the bottom.
Especially frustrating: this was a Microsoft patch KB2847204 trashing a Microsoft operating system/Browser (even for those not using its browser) and should have been tested by Microsoft prior to releasing the patch!
The same scenario is surely very common:
1) Customer got new Windows 7 PC. (Perhaps years ago)
2) Did not like MSIE browser so disabled it in Windows Features.
3) Used a different browser, so naturally the disabled MSIE browser was not upgraded to IE9/10.
4) Then along comes KB2847204 and the resulting "the ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll" error.
Repeating your (guscab) solution, with a couple comments/clarifications for others:
1) I install all the updates but the IE8 patch KB2847204 (uncheck this particular update) ==> In my case, I had to go into Windows Features (In the Start Search box type "Windows Features") and turn IE8 back on and upgrade it, but I suppose I could have searched online for IE9/10 to install it that way)
2) I install IE 9 (thats the only way that I arrives to iuninstall IE8) It dident apears on programs and features>view installed updates list.
3) I run windows update again and it ask me for the IE9 version KB2847204 patch, and sugest me IE 10 to install, I refuse cause IE10 need 1G of Ram ==> Updating to IE10 did not bother me since I'll simply disable it in Windows Features or leave it to collect dust.
4) I install the KB2847204 patch for IE9 and all are ok now ==> Allow it to update via the standard update process rather than unchecking it as in step 1.
5) I turn off IE9in turn off features.
and I have all the updates installed and WLMail work fine. ==> In my case, it was the Toshiba Service Station that would not run... I didn't really care it not running, but the persistent error message made the laptop unusable.
[SOLVED] after apply the 11 updates of 14 may 2013 WLMail stop - Microsoft Community
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dl|
|A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed||General Discussion|
|Order number 379 was not found in the dynamic link library||BSOD Help and Support|
|Ordinal 54 error could not be located in the dynamic library cscdll.dl||General Discussion|
|My music etc. in start menu, link to root forlder, not library?||General Discussion|
|Ordinal 120 could not be located in Dynamic Link library iertutil.dl||Software|
|Custom dynamic link libraries????????||BSOD Help and Support|
|Cannot link xp drive to windows 7 library||Network & Sharing|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.