|22 May 2013||#1|
ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dl
Quick issue. This has been going on for MONTHS and im sick of it. This issue started happening after i removed some crap called SpyHunter. Because of this error "ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll" i have not been able to use a lot of programs and i cant remove a few.
I get this message spammed when i try to open some programs such as Need For Speed: World, League of Legends, Mediacoder, Skype loads a blank page and im forced to close the process and many other programs. Internet Explorer also crashes a few seconds after i open it.
Im sick of being spammed by this error and having it prevent me from doing things. So how do i fix it? Please help.
I have tried this and google searching with no success.
To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
Quit all programs that are running.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
From: You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or nothing occurs after you click a link
Now when i do regsvr32 name.dll they all fail except for Shell32.dll and Mshtml.dll, No dialog will show up for Mshtml.dll, But Shell32.dll & urlmon.dll is successful.
Please help me fix this issue, I am sick of having it and would love for it to go away. Thank you.
|My System Specs|
|01 Jun 2013||#5|
Not sure whether this solution will work for you, but I had the exact same error, apparently as a result of the Windows update (Actually IE) KB2847204 patch. I've pasted a dialog I posted on Microsoft's forum in thanks to a user (who is a native French speaker) over there who came up with the solution: 'Hope this is not poor Forums etiquette, so I'm also putting a link to that thread at the bottom.
Especially frustrating: this was a Microsoft patch KB2847204 trashing a Microsoft operating system/Browser (even for those not using its browser) and should have been tested by Microsoft prior to releasing the patch!
The same scenario is surely very common:
1) Customer got new Windows 7 PC. (Perhaps years ago)
2) Did not like MSIE browser so disabled it in Windows Features.
3) Used a different browser, so naturally the disabled MSIE browser was not upgraded to IE9/10.
4) Then along comes KB2847204 and the resulting "the ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll" error.
Repeating your (guscab) solution, with a couple comments/clarifications for others:
1) I install all the updates but the IE8 patch KB2847204 (uncheck this particular update) ==> In my case, I had to go into Windows Features (In the Start Search box type "Windows Features") and turn IE8 back on and upgrade it, but I suppose I could have searched online for IE9/10 to install it that way)
2) I install IE 9 (thats the only way that I arrives to iuninstall IE8) It dident apears on programs and features>view installed updates list.
3) I run windows update again and it ask me for the IE9 version KB2847204 patch, and sugest me IE 10 to install, I refuse cause IE10 need 1G of Ram ==> Updating to IE10 did not bother me since I'll simply disable it in Windows Features or leave it to collect dust.
4) I install the KB2847204 patch for IE9 and all are ok now ==> Allow it to update via the standard update process rather than unchecking it as in step 1.
5) I turn off IE9in turn off features.
and I have all the updates installed and WLMail work fine. ==> In my case, it was the Toshiba Service Station that would not run... I didn't really care it not running, but the persistent error message made the laptop unusable.
[SOLVED] after apply the 11 updates of 14 may 2013 WLMail stop - Microsoft Community
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
"The Ordinal 459 could not be located..."
"... in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll." Help! I have no idea what I have done to cause this, I just downloaded a CamStudio installation, and this pops up. I don't know why, and I have no clue how to fix it. Help, s'il vous plaît!
The Ordinal 323 could not be located in the dynamic library error
http://i.imgur.com/TA94MKl.png Pic if interested Been having this issue for a couple of days. Don't know when it started as it only comes up when installing Adobe Products it seems. Could have been an issue since I installed Win7. I don't know. Also, I was trying to install a game called...
A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed
hi, i have windows 7 operating system since a few weeks when ever i right click on my computer folder (pictures, documents etc) i get this error msg: there was a problem starting c\users\ermn\appdata\local\temp\stbxcwc\swwqlrx\wow.dll A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine...
Order number 379 was not found in the dynamic link library
So this is "kind of" the message i get up when trying to install champions online, i also get it when starting up diablo 3, now it doesnt affect diablo 3 as i am aware of. The problem is that i cant install this game, the game itself is not a install file but a downloader for the game, the error...
|BSOD Help and Support|
Ordinal 54 error could not be located in the dynamic library cscdll.dl
I have searched high and low for a solution to this error. "The ordinal 54 error could not be located in the dynamic library cscdll.dll" (see attached picture) When I log on to a win7 ent or pro machine locally, the error is not there. When I log on to the win7 machine using a domain account...
Ordinal 120 could not be located in Dynamic Link library iertutil.dl
Hi all, I find an isssue when i try to run my application in windows 7 which is working well in windows xp. The issue comes when i try to open a file from my application.The following error i am getting "Ordinal 120 could not be located in Dynamic Link library...
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:10.