Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Package Mathematica

04 Aug 2013   #1

32 bit Windows 7
 
 
Package Mathematica

Probably someone used package mathematica, i need mathematica,but i read on internet that package mathematica is not free and i tried instaling this software but problems occured ,because software is not free.Did possible take someone version of mathematica free?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Aug 2013   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

Short version of a long story: I happen to know this software quite well although I have personally never used it.

Mathematica is a product of Wolfram Research, an Illinois / USA based company. They do not have free products available. To use the additional packages you first need to install (buy) the underlying Mathematica software.

Mathematica is available as a quite limited home version for non-professional hobbyists at €295 / £195 / $295 + VAT (one year licence €149 / £95 / $149 + VAT). The standard Starter version costs €1,270 / £815 / $995 + VAT.

A limited Student Edition is also available, costing €154 or €54 for one year licence or €35 for one semester licence. The Student Edition prices mentioned here are for Euro region and including the VAT. I do not know the prices for Student Edition in other regions.

If you have a possibility to use an USA based delivery address, it's worth to use it as the Wolfram's pricing policy is very strange; the US prices are clearly lower than European / UK prices. The difference and possible savings are especially big when buying the Starter version, for example as per todays official exchange rates the US price is over 40% cheaper than the Euro price.

Wolfram Mathematica Webstore: https://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/...dividuals.html

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2013   #3

32 bit Windows 7
 
 

Thank you on question.
I thought that exist somenone free version of mathematica which have limited use,on example 30 days or something little,but obviously no.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Aug 2013   #4

Win7 Pro 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Short version of a long story: I happen to know this software quite well although I have personally never used it.

Mathematica is a product of Wolfram Research, an Illinois / USA based company. They do not have free products available. To use the additional packages you first need to install (buy) the underlying Mathematica software.

Mathematica is available as a quite limited home version for non-professional hobbyists at €295 / £195 / $295 + VAT (one year licence €149 / £95 / $149 + VAT). The standard Starter version costs €1,270 / £815 / $995 + VAT.

A limited Student Edition is also available, costing €154 or €54 for one year licence or €35 for one semester licence. The Student Edition prices mentioned here are for Euro region and including the VAT. I do not know the prices for Student Edition in other regions.

If you have a possibility to use an USA based delivery address, it's worth to use it as the Wolfram's pricing policy is very strange; the US prices are clearly lower than European / UK prices. The difference and possible savings are especially big when buying the Starter version, for example as per todays official exchange rates the US price is over 40% cheaper than the Euro price.

Wolfram Mathematica Webstore: https://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/...dividuals.html

Kari
Those prices are simply obscene. Not too long ago, computers cost more than the software they ran.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2013   #5

Win7 Pro 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Givona View Post
Thank you on question.
I thought that exist somenone free version of mathematica which have limited use,on example 30 days or something little,but obviously no.
Yes.
https://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/trial/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
Those prices are simply obscene. Not too long ago, computers cost more than the software they ran.
Yes they are. Especially so when you think that the program uses Wolfram's servers for its operations, and the so called API calls to the server are limited. The Home verson has 100 API calls per day inclusive, Starter 500 calls. For €3,185 you get a Standard version with 1,000 daily API calls.

I had to find this all out in May when a small customer had interest to get this software installed on two new machines. Finally they decided to try the open source alternative Sage.

I do not know anything about how to use these programs, nor do I know what you can do with them. For Givona, this Sage could be at least worth to test.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Givona View Post
Thank you on question.
I thought that exist somenone free version of mathematica which have limited use,on example 30 days or something little,but obviously no.
Yes.
https://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/trial/
Didn't know about the trial, thanks for adding the info.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #7

W7 X-64 W8.1 X-64 Opensuse 13.1 W2003 Server
 
 

Hi there
I got a version (8.0.0) from work quite a long time ago - while I haven't used it a lot it's fine -- I've had a bit of problem making it work on W8 (seems very picky moving it to another machine) but it works fine in a Windows 7 x-64 Virtual Machine.

I believe the current version is version 9. BTW Version 8 is better than the old version 7 as you can use a lot of Free form.

To buy this stuff individually makes even ADOBE software seem cheap. !!!! you might be able to get a college or work program / license.

Home version (version 9) costs around 100 USD (per year - subscription based) to upgrade from a previous version.

I'm though not touching ANY software which is going the subscription route such as Adobe photoshop --sticking with CS6, Office 365 (sticking with Office 2010) etc.

This whole subscription model is actually nothing but a HUGE SCAM IMO. Eventually the OS might even become subscription based -- better get out those Linux handbooks again !!.

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2013   #8

32 bit Windows 7
 
 

I did not know that exist limited free version of mathematica.Thank you OverMaster.

Also i don't heard never before for this software.Currently i read some information about Sega software and on first view it seems to me very useful,immediately Sega will be installing on my computer.Thank you also Kari.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Package Mathematica




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Package Mathematica
Thread Forum
The journey of a UPS package Chillout Room
Language package General Discussion
old accounts package Virtualization
firefox package Browsers & Mail
32 and 64 bit in same package Installation & Setup
Mathematica 7 Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33