Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: No Core Temp download

05 Sep 2013   #11
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
the download was being stopped by WLM security and briefly disabling the security settings
I am curious what WLM security is John?

Is this on your Windows 8 machine?
Dave it is the Windows Live Mail security section. Now as I cannot take a snip of it if you have WLM then you click on File > Options > Safety options > Security and > reset the "Do not allow attachments" by unchecking it. You then download the attached file - usually I am told it is an .exe file > run it and then go back and > re check the "Don't allow attachments" box as it was originally.

It was in part due to the file being downloaded through installiq.com and the WLM in default mode sees that site as a malware risk.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Sep 2013   #12
DavidE

Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64
 
 

I looked a little more at the link in post #1 and image in post #3.
No Core Temp download-ccsp02.png

Click on the "Learn More" link and see what you think:

No Core Temp download-ccsp03.png

I played around with this download and now wonder if InstallIQ updated my registry
Maybe time for me to restore a backup image


My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2013   #13
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
the download was being stopped by WLM security and briefly disabling the security settings
I am curious what WLM security is John?

Is this on your Windows 8 machine?
Dave it is the Windows Live Mail security section. Now as I cannot take a snip of it if you have WLM then you click on File > Options > Safety options > Security and > reset the "Do not allow attachments" by unchecking it. You then download the attached file - usually I am told it is an .exe file > run it and then go back and > re check the "Don't allow attachments" box as it was originally.

It was in part due to the file being downloaded through installiq.com and the WLM in default mode sees that site as a malware risk.
It's Derek, close enough I guess.

I couldn't seem to replicate that but as long as it worked for you.

Was this on a Win 7 or Win 8 machine?



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidW7ncus View Post
I looked a little more at the link in post #1 and image in post #3.
Attachment 284745

Click on the "Learn More" link and see what you think:

Attachment 284746

I played around with this download and now wonder if InstallIQ updated my registry
Maybe time for me to restore a backup image
Yeah, I noticed that too David, I tried it out on a VM of 8.1, going back to a clean image is a good idea.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Sep 2013   #14
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Hiyya Derek I di that on 7 and 8 machines. Now the only difference being is that the Core Temp runs perfectly well on the 7 but the 8 is not showing up all the info that 7 OS machine does ie the Sandy bridge according to the Core Temp only has two cores (i5 2500).

See pics to see what I did.


Attached Thumbnails
No Core Temp download-wlm1.png   No Core Temp download-wlm2.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2013   #15
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

No problem John, I understood what you were saying about the WLM settings.

It just seemed strange to me that a mail app would be blocking a download.

I was just curious, so I was trying to replicate what happened to you, but I couldn't get it to block my download.

It's no big deal, just trying to see the connection between WLM and a download, you got it solved so it's a moot point.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2013   #16
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
No problem John, I understood what you were saying about the WLM settings.

It just seemed strange to me that a mail app would be blocking a download.

I was just curious, so I was trying to replicate what happened to you, but I couldn't get it to block my download.

It's no big deal, just trying to see the connection between WLM and a download, you got it solved so it's a moot point.
Yep it beats me too Derek it is usually the Kaspersky that picks that sort of stuff real quick
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2013   #17
DavidE

Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
No problem John, I understood what you were saying about the WLM settings.

It just seemed strange to me that a mail app would be blocking a download.

I was just curious, so I was trying to replicate what happened to you, but I couldn't get it to block my download.

It's no big deal, just trying to see the connection between WLM and a download, you got it solved so it's a moot point.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 No Core Temp download




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Core temp for core I5 2500k
Will it hurt my I5 2500k if the cores get to like 47-50c while under load?
Performance & Maintenance
core temp
sorry if it seems a bit of a dumb question but i cant get core temp 2 display the teps per core. it will only show the 1 temp at bottom. but it shows frequency per core.:doh: i hav looked n changed settings back n fort. heres a screeny of mine then 1 of how i wnt it. any help would b much...
Software
CPU-Z and Core Temp "Core Multiplier" readings different under load
CPU-Z and "Core Temp" both agree that my bus speed is 133 mhz But they greatly disagree about the core speed multiplier depending on loading This is really cool I use a free utility called "Intel Processor Identification Utility" to generate Full Load When run, it Loads all the Processor...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
using all cpu meter with core temp, only one core temp showing
so i'm using the all cpu meter gadget to monitor my system. in the options tab theres a link to download the core temp application to also show your cpu core temperatures. the program says it should show temps for all cores, yet mine only shows 1 core temp out of 2. does anyone know how to get...
Gadgets
core 3 of quad core CPU always lower temp?????
been noticing this over the last several weeks.....core 3 is always lower in temps than than the rest of the quad......any idea why?
Hardware & Devices
New Core Temp 0.99.4/x64
latest version of core temp released for 32 and 64 bit. Core Temp Now if could only get it to start automatic with windows 7
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:11.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App