Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HP tools aren't working properly after Finger Print Scanner attempt


21 Sep 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
HP tools aren't working properly after Finger Print Scanner attempt

Hello,



I messed up with my HP tools, when I was trying to install the finger print scanner (tried simple pass and my identity) on my HP 4530s probook (windows 7).



1. Now, I can't use the "quick web" button to open my default browser..
2. I uninstalled the hp connection manager as I was getting an QLB Controller failed error. I am trying to install it again, but after it installs I can't launch as it says "can't load assembly".

3. I can't uninstall the HP Protect tools (they are partially uninstalled, I can't use them), but in the end I get an 1722.





Please help me, I don't know what went wrong. But the problem started when I tried to install the simple pass or My Identity, then tried to uninstall them as they didn't work..





I'll appreciate your help,

thank you

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Sep 2013   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Welcome to Seven Forums TechnoKid. Do you have a System Restore point from just before you tried this? Id so, that may be the easiest way. You can click to see what programs are affected before you make the restore point.

System Restore

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Welcome to Seven Forums TechnoKid. Do you have a System Restore point from just before you tried this? Id so, that may be the easiest way. You can click to see what programs are affected before you make the restore point.

System Restore

A Guy
No, I don't have a restore point.. Also, I had turned off the automatic backups etc.

That's why I am so disappointed..


And thanks for the warm welcome.. I am sure, I will enjoy my stay here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Sep 2013   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Ahhh, ok, it will be a bit more complex to say the least then. 1st off, let's have you fill out your system specs

System Info - See Your System Specs

Then if you can post a screenshot of the error when trying to run the connection manager, and when trying to uninstall the HP Protect tools.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

I take it you have a CD with all the tools on it from HP?

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2013   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Ahhh, ok, it will be a bit more complex to say the least then. 1st off, let's have you fill out your system specs

System Info - See Your System Specs

Then if you can post a screenshot of the error when trying to run the connection manager, and when trying to uninstall the HP Protect tools.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

I take it you have a CD with all the tools on it from HP?

A Guy
Thank you very for the quick reply.. I really appreciate that..

I have filled my system specifications..

Also, I was/am trying to install with HP Software Setup that is in my lappy since I bought it.


Let me update with the current situation as well:
I didn't have a restore point so that didn't worked for me..

Then I ran Microsoft Fix it (for safely uninstalling programs) , and removed the HP Protect tools. Microsoft fix it now shows that its uninstalled and also the Revo Uninstaller..
However, in Installed programs (in my computer) and also in the "HP software setup", it shows it installed.
When I try to remove it from the installed programs, I get this error (see attachment).

Also, I did a hard reset of my Laptop.

However, I removed the HP Hotkey support that fixed the quick web launch button in my probook 4530s and also now I have successfully installed the HP connection manager from the HP software setup.

However windows start up is still slow, but it has improved than before..
Let me know, what can I do now?

I am trying to explain my situation well, so that I am able to help you to help me
thank you so much man.. I really appreciate that..


Attached Thumbnails
HP tools aren't working properly after Finger Print Scanner attempt-error-protect-tools.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2013   #6

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi TechnoKid, As you do not have a system restore point have you thought about doing a repair install ? Repair Install You will not lose any files doing this, also run the system file checker SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker this will tell if you have any corrupt system files
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2013   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi TechnoKid, As you do not have a system restore point have you thought about doing a repair install ? Repair Install You will not lose any files doing this, also run the system file checker SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker this will tell if you have any corrupt system files
Hello,

thank you for the reply.

I have run the system file checker and have posted the result screenshot (attached). Let me know..


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2013   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Um, that won't help us much, we can't see all of it See OPTION THREE on the SFC tutorial and post your sfcdetails.txt. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2013   #9

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TechnoKid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi TechnoKid, As you do not have a system restore point have you thought about doing a repair install ? Repair Install You will not lose any files doing this, also run the system file checker SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker this will tell if you have any corrupt system files
Hello,

thank you for the reply.

I have run the system file checker and have posted the result screenshot (attached). Let me know..
The screenshot of your SFC scan indicates that you got the command a bit wrong.

You have one extra space.

You don't really need any spaces:

SFC/SCANNOW

OR
SFC /SCANNOW
but not
SFC / SCANNOW

You should be able to copy the command mentioned above and paste it into the admin level command prompt.

Right click in the black area of the command prompt window for the paste process:
Name:  cmd0.png
Views: 25
Size:  35.2 KB



Or, you can change the properties of command prompt windows as follows to make them easier to read (prevent some of the text wrapping):

Right click on the title bar of the window and select Properties.
Name:  cmd1.png
Views: 25
Size:  41.3 KB

If you make this change, then you will not need to use the context menu to paste info into a command prompt window. A right click inside the command prompt window will send the (text based) contents of the Windows clipboard into that command prompt window. If text is selected in the command prompt window, right clicking inside that command prompt window will send that selected text into the Windows clipboard.
HP tools aren't working properly after Finger Print Scanner attempt-cmd2.png

Name:  cmd3.png
Views: 25
Size:  92.7 KB

HP tools aren't working properly after Finger Print Scanner attempt-cmd4.png


When you included the extra space, Windows displayed the "help file" text. Below is what that info would look like in a command prompt window that has been re-sized using the steps above:
HP tools aren't working properly after Finger Print Scanner attempt-cmd5.png
(You can click on the image above to see a larger version.)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2013   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Good catch, I just saw the command window and knew we couldn't read it

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HP tools aren't working properly after Finger Print Scanner attempt




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: HP tools aren't working properly after Finger Print Scanner attempt
Thread Forum
Can't login using finger print scanner on HP ProBook Hardware & Devices
Websites aren't displaying/loading properly Browsers & Mail
Print Screen not working properly General Discussion
Extenders with Finger print Readers Media Center
Windows 7 finger print icon Customization
Finger print reader General Discussion
Asus R2H finger print driver... Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33