Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Uninstall or remove program list empty

23 Oct 2013   #11
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Juuki,

Did you use a registry cleaning program by chance, or anything else that scrubs programs?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Oct 2013   #12
Yard Dog

Win 7 Home Premium SP1 32 bit
 
 

The option I have left would be using a Restore pt , back when you know that it worked. Try using one and seeing please: Restore Backup User and System Files
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2013   #13
juuki

Windows 7 Ultimate, 32bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Juuki,

Did you use a registry cleaning program by chance, or anything else that scrubs programs?
Yes i use CCleaner, but i dont think it caused problem becouse i use it for long time.

Settings in reg cleaner


Attached Images
Uninstall or remove program list empty-snap1.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Oct 2013   #14
juuki

Windows 7 Ultimate, 32bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Yard Dog View Post
The option I have left would be using a Restore pt , back when you know that it worked. Try using one and seeing please: Restore Backup User and System Files
I havent done backup yet
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2013   #15
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by juuki View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Juuki,

Did you use a registry cleaning program by chance, or anything else that scrubs programs?
Yes i use CCleaner, but i dont think it caused problem becouse i use it for long time.

Settings in reg cleaner
I've never had a problem with CCleaner either, but there's always a first time.

Do you have a restore point available dated before the uninstall list in Programs and Features went AWOL?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #16
juuki

Windows 7 Ultimate, 32bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by juuki View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Juuki,

Did you use a registry cleaning program by chance, or anything else that scrubs programs?
Yes i use CCleaner, but i dont think it caused problem becouse i use it for long time.

Settings in reg cleaner
I've never had a problem with CCleaner either, but there's always a first time.

Do you have a restore point available dated before the uninstall list in Programs and Features went AWOL?
no i dont have restore point, even if i have i dont known date when things got wrong
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #17
Yard Dog

Win 7 Home Premium SP1 32 bit
 
 

In your downloads folder , do you still have the downloaded exe files ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #18
juuki

Windows 7 Ultimate, 32bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Yard Dog View Post
In your downloads folder , do you still have the downloaded exe files ?
What downloaded exe files?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #19
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by juuki View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by juuki View Post

Yes i use CCleaner, but i dont think it caused problem becouse i use it for long time.

Settings in reg cleaner
I've never had a problem with CCleaner either, but there's always a first time.

Do you have a restore point available dated before the uninstall list in Programs and Features went AWOL?
no i dont have restore point, even if i have i dont known date when things got wrong
In that case, you could reinstall the programs to have them added back to "Programs and Features".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Uninstall or remove program list empty




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Remove Program from Programs and Features list
Hai... I want to remove my program from Programs and Features list in windows 7 but not from hard disk.... only entry I want to remove.. please help somebody........ please.....
Software
Unable to remove from Start Menu list, the last installed program
Hello, This has been a continuing problem, but of low enough importance that I have waited until now to get some advice. If I install a program it automatically put a startup icon in the start menu. Not pinned in. When I hit remove from list, nothing happens. Eventually, and I can't say how...
General Discussion
How do I remove a corrupted uninstall from the list?
I installed a game that I didn't like so i wanted to uninstall it but if needed me to upgrade something which I didn't want to do, so I removed the game manually. Most of the time if I choose to uninstall the game after removing the game manually it just gives me an error and asks me if I want to...
Gaming
Program list empty after malware, how to restore?
Hello, my superhandy program list is empty after a malware attack on my pc. The malware is gone. But left my program list from the Start button empty afterwards. It has folders in it, but gives (empty) when i click on them instead of the shortcuts to programs. Even my calculator is gone! :cry:...
General Discussion
Can I safely remove the program icons from the all programs list?
Please see attached pic I would like to right click and delete most of the icons in that list with the red arrows. Is that totally safe to do? :geek:
General Discussion
How do i remove stuff from the uninstall program thing
hey i want to remove something off of uninstall or change a program without actually removing the program
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App