Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ISO mounting

18 Jan 2009   #61
Sexie

Windows 7 x64 (Build 7000)
 
 

I am using "Virtual CloneDrive". Working great and it is free !

SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Jan 2009   #62
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ebalcaen View Post
LOL, i signed up on this fourm because i saw this and laughed. Not to make fun of you, but, all you had to do was get into msconfig and disable the program from starting up, then u can uninstall it with their uninstaller :P took me 2 mins to figure it out. xD
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
The problem is, I already tried that, but the magicdisc uninstaller just freezes on me.

I know a little about editing the registry but not enough to clean this all out. Is there another option to fix this?

P.S. Ever since I installed this program my computer will NOT come out of sleep. And I don't think it's a coincidence.
Hi Emcee,

It's not clear from ebalcaen's post if he actually tried it or if he just thought it may work.

He doesn't seem to realise that even if it did work for him, it won't necessarily work for everyone else.


Barman58 is an experienced user and would likely have tried the obvious things first. It didn't work for you either.

You could try the free Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems - it says 64 bit o/s not supported - I use it on my x64 systems and have always found it excellent - they must mean it only uninstalls 32bit apps.

SIW2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2009   #63
Emcee

7 Professional x64 - SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Hi Emcee,

It's not clear from ebalcaen's post if he actually tried it or if he just thought it may work.

He doesn't seem to realise that even if it did work for him, it won't necessarily work for everyone else.


Barman58 is an experienced user and would likely have tried the obvious things first. It didn't work for you either.

You could try the free Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems - it says 64 bit o/s not supported - I use it on my x64 systems and have always found it excellent - they must mean it only uninstalls 32bit apps.

SIW2
Thanks!

What a great program. I will definitely use this in the future.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Feb 2009   #64
irangel

windows 7
 
 
need to mount uif but didn't find a solution.

it's because of this thread that i sign in

i read through everything you guys wrote. and tried it. but none of the programs could mount a uif. i need to find a program that can mount UIF in windows 7..
can someone help me?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2009   #65
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Hi,

You could see if this would do the job (haven't tried it myself )

Download UIF2ISO 0.1.2 - Converts single and multipart UIF file images to the original ISO format. - Softpedia

- convert to iso , then mount iso using Poweriso free or Virtual Clone drive.

Hope it helps

SIW2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2009   #66
Digger

XP/win7 x86 build 7127
 
 

UIF file is available under powerISO
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2009   #67
irangel

windows 7
 
 
:)

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Hi,

You could see if this would do the job (haven't tried it myself )

Download UIF2ISO 0.1.2 - Converts single and multipart UIF file images to the original ISO format. - Softpedia

- convert to iso , then mount iso using Poweriso free or Virtual Clone drive.

Hope it helps

SIW2
i know.. i tried it. didn't work either..
i'm trying poweriso now. thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2009   #68
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Quote:
i read through everything you guys wrote. and tried it. but none of the programs could mount a uif. i need to find a program that can mount UIF in windows 7..
can someone help me?
irangel
Hi,

Sorry, didn't mention Poweriso as I thought you had already tried everything on the thread?

Hope it works for you.

SIW2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2009   #69
irangel

windows 7
 
 

thank you guys for all help. what i'm trying to install is a huge package of the sims 2.
now, poweriso made som progress. it could open most uif files. but i still have the most important file unrecognized. i'll try download the whole package again. maybe that will work. i really love windows 7. it's just that at this funny point in my life i got addicted to the game again, and magicdisc which came with the pakage and worked perfectly in vista, DOES NOT WORK on windows 7. althow if you guys know of any solution to making magicdisc work, i'll be more then happy to hear

thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2009   #70
irangel

windows 7
 
 
:)

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Hi,

Sorry, didn't mention Poweriso as I thought you had already tried everything on the thread?

Hope it works for you.

SIW2

btw. nothing to be sorry about.
my bad.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ISO mounting




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Mounting NFS Shares
According to all the research I've done, this should be a fairly straightforward matter: Add/remove Windows components Install Services for NFS and Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (with the downloaded extras) From command line: mount server:/share z: However, it doesn't seem to be...
Network & Sharing
Mounting a USB stick
For some reason I have noticed that mounting a usb stick is taking a really long time. I have Security Essentials installed and thought that might be the problem, but after it was disabled it still takes a long time to mount. so I tried it on another 64bit version of 7 and it loaded fast. I...
Hardware & Devices
Mounting ISO/ running CD w/o CD
I've done this before, but can't remember how to now. I have a folder which contains the contents of a CD. I'd like to run this cd without actually burning this img to a cd. I know there's away to use magiciso to run the files as if from a cd without requiring burning the image. Anyone know what...
General Discussion
Mounting .CUE in Windows 7
So I currently don't have a CD/DVD drive on my laptop (waiting for a new one to be shipped to me hopefully tomorrow). I need a program that can mount a .CUE file so I can install some software. I've used Daemon tools when I was running XP to get the job done, but now I have 7 installed. I've...
Software
Frustrations mounting
Ok, so as posted on here before, I had a whole mess of problems with Windows 7 Pro 64bit that I didn't have with RC, and don't seem to have with Home 64bit on the other computers. First was Adobe CS3 not working. It would install, but when I'd go to launch any of the programs nothing would...
General Discussion
Mounting ISO's
Hi, Have managed to mount certain types of images with 'Virtual Clone Drive' -but not as many types as I need to... Anyone know of a good all round Virtual Drive program? Daemon Tools and alcohol dont work...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:27.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App