Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Itunes 9.0.1.8 on windows 7 crashes when opening


24 Oct 2009   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Itunes 9.0.1.8 on windows 7 crashes when opening

I had itunes 9 x86 on my windows 7 and it worked ok, but when I installed itunes 9 x64 it couldnt get it work, I tryied uninstalling, reinstalling on another folder, on another disk partition, and tryied the same with quicktime. It happend after I did a defrag on my HD. (I could get the x64 working before the defrag)
And I even tryied to install itunes 8 , 9 x86, uninstalled all programs, deleted all folders... and the same damm problem..

The description is in portuguese, but its almost like any problem that happens on windows 7.


Assinatura do problema:
Nome do Evento de Problema: BEX
Nome do Aplicativo: iTunes.exe
Versão do Aplicativo: 9.0.1.8
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo: 4ab809c1
Nome do Módulo de Falhas: StackHash_0a9e
Versão do Módulo de Falhas: 0.0.0.0
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas: 00000000
Deslocamento de Exceção: 00000000
Código de Exceção: c0000005
Dados de Exceção: 00000008
Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Identificação da Localidade: 1046
Informações Adicionais 1: 0a9e
Informações Adicionais 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Informações Adicionais 3: 0a9e
Informações Adicionais 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Oct 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by diegaogarcia View Post
I had itunes 9 x86 on my windows 7 and it worked ok, but when I installed itunes 9 x64 it couldnt get it work, I tryied uninstalling, reinstalling on another folder, on another disk partition, and tryied the same with quicktime. It happend after I did a defrag on my HD. (I could get the x64 working before the defrag)
And I even tryied to install itunes 8 , 9 x86, uninstalled all programs, deleted all folders... and the same damm problem..

The description is in portuguese, but its almost like any problem that happens on windows 7.


Assinatura do problema:
Nome do Evento de Problema: BEX
Nome do Aplicativo: iTunes.exe
Versão do Aplicativo: 9.0.1.8
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo: 4ab809c1
Nome do Módulo de Falhas: StackHash_0a9e
Versão do Módulo de Falhas: 0.0.0.0
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas: 00000000
Deslocamento de Exceção: 00000000
Código de Exceção: c0000005
Dados de Exceção: 00000008
Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Identificação da Localidade: 1046
Informações Adicionais 1: 0a9e
Informações Adicionais 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Informações Adicionais 3: 0a9e
Informações Adicionais 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
DC

Itunes 9.0.1 is giving us grief. Its either a hit or miss.. Most ppl have no problem but at least a dozen, mine included, puked and died. Uninstall doesnt work reinstall doesnt work. I got mine to work by re-installing an older itunes over the un-installed 9.01. Sorry I cant be of more help but till they figure this out Im staying off itunes (.

Hope this helped and let us know if you need help

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #3

Windows 7
 
 

yeah its really strange, I've installed on another computer running windows 7 x64 and it worked great, I have no idea what to do anymore.. I spent the day trying to fix this, and now I'm updating my windows hoping its gonna work!

Thank you!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Oct 2009   #4

 
Bad sector

Diega, I suggest that the defrag put ITunes on a bad sector.
You will need to do the following:
  1. back up all your Itunes files usually in "My Music"
  2. You need to remove every Itunes files, ITunes Mobile, Bonjour Quicktime, Itunes installer. If its ITunes get rid of it.
  3. Download the X64 version from ITunes, I believe its 9.01? Not sure about this one.
  4. Locate Itunes.exe, this is an extractor file. Right click on it, run compatability mode vista x64 sp2, runs as administrator.
  5. ITunes will now install.
  6. Import your play list from your back up.
That should do it.

Regards,
Adrian
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2009   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

I keep getting a privileges error message telling me my library cannot be saved and that my iPod cannot be synced.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2009   #6

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by therealjustin View Post
I keep getting a privileges error message telling me my library cannot be saved and that my iPod cannot be synced.
Install as administrator.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Nov 2009   #7

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Diega, I suggest that the defrag put ITunes on a bad sector.
You will need to do the following:
  1. back up all your Itunes files usually in "My Music"
  2. You need to remove every Itunes files, ITunes Mobile, Bonjour Quicktime, Itunes installer. If its ITunes get rid of it.
  3. Download the X64 version from ITunes, I believe its 9.01? Not sure about this one.
  4. Locate Itunes.exe, this is an extractor file. Right click on it, run compatability mode vista x64 sp2, runs as administrator.
  5. ITunes will now install.
  6. Import your play list from your back up.
That should do it.

Regards,
Adrian


it didnt work ...
i'll try formatting, it might work then!!

tks!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Nov 2009   #8

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by diegaogarcia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Diega, I suggest that the defrag put ITunes on a bad sector.

You will need to do the following:
  1. back up all your Itunes files usually in "My Music"
  2. You need to remove every Itunes files, ITunes Mobile, Bonjour Quicktime, Itunes installer. If its ITunes get rid of it.
  3. Download the X64 version from ITunes, I believe its 9.01? Not sure about this one.
  4. Locate Itunes.exe, this is an extractor file. Right click on it, run compatability mode vista x64 sp2, runs as administrator.
  5. ITunes will now install.
  6. Import your play list from your back up.
That should do it.

Regards,
Adrian


it didnt work ...
i'll try formatting, it might work then!!

tks!!
Dieaga, I read over the post again and I made an error.
Itunes is now Windows 7 compatable!
Remove all the Itunes software again and reinstall the latest Itunes version and simply install as administartor!
Many apoplogies.

Adrian
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Nov 2009   #9

Win7
 
 

Try going into your bios and turn on "C" state.
I had the same problem with system hanging up when I connected my iphone. I did the uninstall the install routine 3 times with no results. After reading about turning on the c state, I did that and now there are no issues at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2009   #10

Windows 7
 
 

it worked now!!


I formatted my computer and installed windows 7 again.. tryied everything before, only this worked...

thank you all!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Itunes 9.0.1.8 on windows 7 crashes when opening




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Itunes 9.0.1.8 on windows 7 crashes when opening
Thread Forum
Windows Explorer crashes when opening start menu General Discussion
Everytime I search iTunes Store, iTunes crashes Software
iTunes stopped opening after first use of Windows Media Center Software
Windows Media Player crashes upon opening Music, Pictures & Video
iTunes not opening Software
Windows 7 Pro x64 -- Crashes when running iTunes BSOD Help and Support
iTunes not opening Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33