|04 Apr 2014||#1|
| || |
The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)
I just installed Windows 8.1 on a second hard-drive so that I can dual-boot between Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
I reinstalled all of my programs, games, etc and everything is absolutely amazing. Windows 8.1 is actually really fast!
Anyways... Everything is working great except 1 thing! I have a standalone .exe (requires no installation, so there's no direct connection to an OS via registry or anything) that will NOT open on Windows 8.1
If I attempt to open it on my Windows 8.1, I get the error "The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"
but on my Windows 7, it works just fine..
I've done a LOT of research on this and I've read just about every article linked to this issue online and nothing has worked.
Here's what I've done..
1. Re-installed Visual C++. I did for every year, i.e. 2005, 2008, 2010, etc.
2. Replace the 5 DLL's for Visual C++ while in Safe-Mode and then restart.. I was only able to replace 4 of them, the last one was giving me permission troubles for some reason. It was called "msvcr100_clr0400.dll"
3. Run a debugger (WinDbg) and use Application Verifier to try and pinpoint the problem. Tried this, but the program doesn't boot far enough to gather any information, and I can't really understand what WinDbg throws at me.
4. Use Dependency Walker to see if it points you to a DLL. When I use Dependency Walker, it has very minimal results.
To be exact:
00:00:00.000: Started "d:\Application.EXE" (process 0x1364) at address 0x00400000 by thread 1. Cannot hook module.
00:00:00.000: Loaded "c:\windows\system32\NTDLL.DLL" at address 0x77D80000 by thread 1. Cannot hook module.
00:00:00.000: Page heap: pid 0x1364: page heap enabled with flags 0x3.
00:00:00.953: Exited "d:\Application.EXE" (process 0x1364) with code -1073741701 (0xC000007B) by thread 1.
5. I haven't done anything with DirectX for a few reasons. 1. All of my games work fine, and I play A LOT of games. This small .exe is the only thing giving me problems, and it has nothing to do with DirectX, so I know it's not that.
6. NTDLL.DLL, in Dependency Walker, I can't tell if the program can't start because NTDLL.DLL isn't hooking, or if NTDLL.DLL isn't hooking because the program can't start, but either way, I can't find ANYTHING on Google about NTDLL.DLL being a culprit of a program not launching.. Can anyone say anything about this?
Now remember, this .exe is a standalone executable, so it won't be the way it was installed.. because it doesn't require installation! Both of my Windows 7 and 8 are 64-bit, so that can't be the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This application isn't needed and I don't care if it works or not, but I'm curious why this is happening... I also don't want to run into this issue in the future with an .exe that I do actually need!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)|
|application was unable to start correctly (0x00007b).||Software|
|explorer.exe the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b||BSOD Help and Support|
|This application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).||Software|
|Application unable to start correctly.||General Discussion|
|"The application was unable start correctly (0xc000007b)."||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.