Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Activating CyberLink PowerDVD 9

28 Oct 2009   #1
BCXtreme

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Activating CyberLink PowerDVD 9

Hey,

I am a registered/paid user of PowerDVD 9, but I had to reinstall it and now I can't figure out where to enter the activation key that I got from them. I've checked every page of the settings screen, but I just can't figure out where to do this.

There used to be an "Activate" screen reachable from the settings menu, and the button for it is still there, but now it just leads to an advertisement, with nowhere to enter the key.

Any help with this?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Oct 2009   #2
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

OLRSubmission folder in PowerDVD9 folder is not your friend and is not needed. That's my advice for the day.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2009   #3
Adrian

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BCXtreme View Post
Hey,

I am a registered/paid user of PowerDVD 9, but I had to reinstall it and now I can't figure out where to enter the activation key that I got from them. I've checked every page of the settings screen, but I just can't figure out where to do this.

There used to be an "Activate" screen reachable from the settings menu, and the button for it is still there, but now it just leads to an advertisement, with nowhere to enter the key.

Any help with this?
View the screen shot.
Top left hand side where I placed the black box.


Attached Thumbnails
-cyber.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Oct 2009   #4
BCXtreme

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
OLRSubmission folder in PowerDVD9 folder is not your friend and is not needed. That's my advice for the day.
I thought the stuff in that folder was for registering PowerDVD? I'm looking to activate it. As in, I paid for it so now I don't want the trial limitations.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BCXtreme View Post
Hey,

I am a registered/paid user of PowerDVD 9, but I had to reinstall it and now I can't figure out where to enter the activation key that I got from them. I've checked every page of the settings screen, but I just can't figure out where to do this.

There used to be an "Activate" screen reachable from the settings menu, and the button for it is still there, but now it just leads to an advertisement, with nowhere to enter the key.

Any help with this?
View the screen shot.
Top left hand side where I placed the black box.
When I click that, it takes me to something like an "About" screen, with lots of technical information about the program. There is an Activate button there, but it just goes to the same advertisement.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2009   #5
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

The delete key is your friend. I say what I can.

Block all the .exe outgoing connectivity in PowerDVD folder using Windows Firewall.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2009   #6
Adrian

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
The delete key is your friend. I say what I can.

Block all the .exe outgoing connectivity in PowerDVD folder using Windows Firewall.
Torr, why?
Will there be limitations?
I seen in other forums that the functionality is extremely limited in the newer versions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2009   #7
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Limited? How? By doing what?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Activating CyberLink PowerDVD 9




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Remnants of Cyberlink/Powerdvd everywhere. Cant get rid of
I run a W7 64 bit PC So I used an automated program to update my Bluray player firmware and unfortunately Cyberlink's suite of "tools" came with it. When I first installed the Bluray player I had the same problem, getting entirely rid of all the bloatware is difficult at best. I totally forgot...
Software
Upgrading Cyberlink PowerDVD; which is the best and affordable
I have Cyberlink PowerDVD 10, and I got it with my blu-ray drive back in March. Obviously, there are have upgrades but I haven't gotten them yet, due to money for one thing (and a big thing), but also because I'm not very sure which is the better one. There is 12 Ultra, with a current sale for...
Software
Cannot open CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Pro using desktop icon.
Hello, I am running Win7 X64 bit OS. When I "click" on the CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Pro desktop icon nothing happens. This program was working until I incountered a small problem and was advised to uninstall the program and then re-install it. It did re-install but as mentioned in my opening...
Software
Problem with Cyberlink PowerDVD?
Hi Guys, I don't know why but since I have Window 7, I was never able to make the software "Cyberlink PowerDVD" work. I install it and everything is fine untill I put a DVD, the program kind stop and says it need to close due an error or something like that. I tried to install an older version and...
Software
No picture for TV tuner (WMC) or Cyberlink PowerDVD 7..
Hello. I am still having issues with Windows 7. When I try to use my TV tuners in WMC I only have a black screen with audio. When using Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 to play Blu Rays and HD DVDs, the screen is green with audio. I'd like to note that both of these programs work perfect in Vista 32 bit...
Software
LG Cyberlink PowerDVD
I ust finished installing this, because it came bundled with a new LG optical drive that arrived today. During the installation, it popped a dialog saying that it was designed for XP SP2, and whether to go ahead and install it or not. Obviously, I did, but when I tested PowerDVD with a movie DVD,...
Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:49.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App