Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Error in installing some new programs "Object already exists"

22 Aug 2014   #11
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Maybe you should test the drive after doing these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f switch in the command line as per Option2

Tests are SeaTools for Windows | Seagate and for a purely physical surface test use Partition Wizard SeaTools for Windows | Seagate see my pic




Attached Thumbnails
Error in installing some new programs &quot;Object already exists&quot;-mini-tool-surface-2.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Aug 2014   #12
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

After reading Thrash Zones reply I am wondering what media are you using and have you thoroughly cleaned the drive before an install for a try??

Some system specs might be handy too
System Info - See Your System Specs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2014   #13
SwiftCheese

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Neither of those fixes worked either. :/

The Microsoft Fix It program could not detect any of the three programs and the "Not Listed" option couldn't find a problem.

Running the scan to test my drive yielded in...
"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."
So...a bust
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Aug 2014   #14
SwiftCheese

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
After reading Thrash Zones reply I am wondering what media are you using and have you thoroughly cleaned the drive before an install for a try??

Some system specs might be handy too
System Info - See Your System Specs
I did try thoroughly cleaning my drive before installing one of the programs.

As far as the media question I'm afraid you'll have to explain further.
-I've had youtube open so that's flash player. If that's what you mean.

And I'll get right onto the system specs
-System specs are now in
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2014   #15
mohavepc

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Ok I see you are in Michigan correct? The BBC player will not install outside the UK without using a proxy or third party proxy program such as expat shield. That will also cause havoc with installs of Adobe PDF among others as the install could be expecting one region but getting another. If you are indeed running expat shield or running through a proxy you should disable the shield or unhook from the proxy before installing adobe.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2014   #16
SwiftCheese

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mohavepc View Post
Ok I see you are in Michigan correct? The BBC player will not install outside the UK without using a proxy or third party proxy program such as expat shield. That will also cause havoc with installs of Adobe PDF among others as the install could be expecting one region but getting another. If you are indeed running expat shield or running through a proxy you should disable the shield or unhook from the proxy before installing adobe.
I suppose that is something I should have clarified.

Adobe was the first I tried to install and it had this problem long before I touched proxys to attempt to install BBC iPlayer

And I haven't gone through a proxy since the attempt at installing iPlayer, so the installation of Dawngate isn't affected by proxy stuff either.

TL;DR: It isn't proxys that's the problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2014   #17
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SwiftCheese View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
After reading Thrash Zones reply I am wondering what media are you using and have you thoroughly cleaned the drive before an install for a try??

Some system specs might be handy too
System Info - See Your System Specs
I did try thoroughly cleaning my drive before installing one of the programs.

As far as the media question I'm afraid you'll have to explain further.
-I've had youtube open so that's flash player. If that's what you mean.

And I'll get right onto the system specs
-System specs are now in
No sorry mate I should have been a little more explicit I meant the Windows OS media - retail OEM or what because if you have a corrupted disk or whatever (very doubtful but possible) then you could try this
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 just use the ISO for what you have it works well.


Attached Thumbnails
Error in installing some new programs &quot;Object already exists&quot;-iso.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2014   #18
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

We can also look for malware to see if that is the cause, look at the terms and then decide.


Please read this entirely before we begin malware removal:


Before we start with malware assistance, I want to inform you of a few things:

1.) I am not a recognized malware removal expert. I do not have a certification from a malware removal school. Having said that, I have removed a lot of malware with PCs and have years of experience.
But just like no antivirus program is 100% effective, neither am I. My goal is to simply clean up your PC from any malware we can find, and assist you in any way possible to help you secure your PC.

2.) Sevenforums (This forum)and I will NOT be held responsible for anything that might go wrong with your pc.

3.) You agree to follow all directions given, until I advise that your pc is clean and you are free of threats. You will not abandon the thread.


The most important rule of all:

4.) YOU WILL NOT INSTALL/change/modify OR ADD ANYTHING TO YOUR SYSTEM UNTIL MALWARE REMOVAL IS COMPLETE. No files or programs or anything of the sort.

Do you agree to these terms?

If yes, reply with a Yes. If not, please state so and I will flag an official malware remover, or I will recommend another place for malware removal assistance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2014   #19
gregrocker

 

Do the full scan with Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software and SUPERAntiSpyware - Downloads after declining trial versions of both. SAS can get into registry to get leftovers that may be hiding there after spyware is removed.

I would never use Revo Uninstaller because it can damage registry since it's registry cleaner is a bit too robust whereas CCleaner's is really too conservative for these purposes.

If no System FIles are damaged then before doing a reinstall you could try a Repair Install.

I noticed that you declared that proxy servers which are being used to install BBC player are not reponsible here. I wonder how you know this for sure? It seems to be a wild card still so it needs to be ruled out with certainty and not guesswork.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2014   #20
SwiftCheese

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Do the full scan with Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software and SUPERAntiSpyware - Downloads after declining trial versions of both. SAS can get into registry to get leftovers that may be hiding there after spyware is removed.

I would never use Revo Uninstaller because it can damage registry since it's registry cleaner is a bit too robust whereas CCleaner's is really too conservative for these purposes.

If no System FIles are damaged then before doing a reinstall you could try a Repair Install.

I noticed that you declared that proxy servers which are being used to install BBC player are not reponsible here. I wonder how you know this for sure? It seems to be a wild card still so it needs to be ruled out with certainty and not guesswork.
I know that proxys are not the cause because the problem was occurring before I started messing with them. If proxy servers are the cause of anything it would be only the BBC player. And in that scenarios there are still two other programs that won't install for a different reason. (Those two being reader and dawngate)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Error in installing some new programs "Object already exists"




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Multiple programs crash on fresh Install, with "StackHash" Error
My mother was having problems with her computer at work and we decided to do a fresh install of Windows 7. Now, multiple programs, including Windows Explorer, are crashing with a "StackHash" error and I don't know what that means. Attached is the picture of the error when I right-click Computer and...
General Discussion
Need to re-add the "NT Authority\Authenticated Users" object
Hi Everyone, I am the Administrator of a Windows Server (2008 R2) Domain. Recently I was presented with the challenge of limiting access to only one specific user account on one specific client computer (Windows 7 x64). This was to ensure that only one staff member could log onto the one...
General Discussion
Error when installing Directx, "an internal system error has occured".
Hey, I've been trying to update Directx lately since I was getting an error while trying to play Fallout New Vegas that says "d3dx9_43.dll is missing" and I found sources online saying that updating Directx would help. First, I tried using the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer, but that was...
Gaming
Cannot extend volume (disk management) although "free space" exists
I have a C: drive which I want to increase in size. Under disk management there is 20GB of "Free space" - (right next to the C: partition). But neither disk management or EASUES partition manager will allow the partition to use this space. How to I change "free space" to "unallocated" so that it...
General Discussion
"My computer" no longer exists
I recently installed a problem called EnhanceMySe7en and tried a few tweaks however things didn't really turn out as I had planned. I made a system restore point before I made the changes, but then when I tried to restore it back, it says there were no points available ... Thats wierd coz I've...
General Discussion
"A newer version of this already exists" aaargh
Scenario. I installed Quickbooks 2007. It stated it needed IE 6 or a newer version to work. I installed IE 9 everything worked fine. My SSHD is nearly full. The SSHD is 80gb, though I have several TB's on 4 other drives. I searched forums and found a program (it searches and tells you what's...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:34.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App