Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Rip Shrink Burn DVDs

08 Nov 2009   #1
GuruSteve

Winows 7
 
 
Rip Shrink Burn DVDs

In the past, I used DVD Shrink and Nero to copy DVD movies. Now that I have Windows 7 installed, I want to be sure to use W7-friendly software. What would you suggest? I've been thinking about Imgburn to replace Nero since I've been having problems installing Nero.

As far as ripping and shrinking a DVD, are there any freeware programs that will do both, or am I going to have to use two separate programs?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Nov 2009   #2
Adrian

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GuruSteve View Post
In the past, I used DVD Shrink and Nero to copy DVD movies. Now that I have Windows 7 installed, I want to be sure to use W7-friendly software. What would you suggest? I've been thinking about Imgburn to replace Nero since I've been having problems installing Nero.

As far as ripping and shrinking a DVD, are there any freeware programs that will do both, or am I going to have to use two separate programs?
AnyDVD and Virtual clone, works with bluray also
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2009   #3
UKMedia

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit (SP 1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GuruSteve View Post
In the past, I used DVD Shrink and Nero to copy DVD movies. Now that I have Windows 7 installed, I want to be sure to use W7-friendly software. What would you suggest? I've been thinking about Imgburn to replace Nero since I've been having problems installing Nero.

As far as ripping and shrinking a DVD, are there any freeware programs that will do both, or am I going to have to use two separate programs?
AnyDVD and Virtual clone, works with bluray also

Totally agree. AnyDVD can rip to file or ISO structure. Well worth paying for.

Regards
UKMedia
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Nov 2009   #4
GuruSteve

Winows 7
 
 

OK. From what I gather, AnyDVD will rip the DVD and something like CloneDVD2 will shrink AND burn? Are there some shareware programs that will work with Win7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2009   #5
matt_0978

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
 
 

as far as i know dvdshrink still works with win7. but as a replacement try http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB6 and http://dvdidle.com/download/FreeDVD.exe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2009   #6
Adrian

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GuruSteve View Post
OK. From what I gather, AnyDVD will rip the DVD and something like CloneDVD2 will shrink AND burn? Are there some shareware programs that will work with Win7?
Hello Guru, AnyDVD will copy any dvd or blue ray disk, it will make a copy or, if you prefer it will make an iso image and clone dvd will make a virtual drive on your pc where you can mount your image and play it back!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Rip Shrink Burn DVDs




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
CD/DVD Writer/Reader won't burn CDs/DVDs
Hello I have been meaning to post this for awhile ok so. I would like to have a fully functional DVD/CD burner but it never seems to work when I want to burn something but that here is proving to be difficult is some information on my Drive...
Hardware & Devices
How to burn a big *.ISO file into 2 DVDs ?
Hello everyone! I have a big *.ISO ( 5.1GB ) and now I want to burn it into 2 DVDs which I can setup by insert the DVD #1. How can I do that like a game DVD ? And 1 more question: If I split that *.ISO into 2 parts of using WinRAR then burn them on each DVD, then can I extract the DVD#1...
General Discussion
dvds burn very slow
whenever i download a movie (legally) and burn it, it seems like it takes way longer than it should, close to an hour. I have a blu-ray burner, so i would think that regular movies would burn much faster. Does the software have anythign to do with the speed? I am just using windows dvd maker to...
Software
Optiarc DVD burner won't burn dvds in Win7
My dvd burner: Optiarc 7580s PC Acer 5515 laptop running windows 7 32-bit Ultimate Ever since I upgraded to win7, I can not burn DVDs. I can burn CDs fine and read cds and dvds. When I try to burn onto a new blank dvd using the default win7 dvd maker, it says it is formatting the dvd and it...
Hardware & Devices
what to use to burn cd/dvds?
i use to use nero 6.6. it was awesome i love it. now nero 9 is out and i hate it what are some alternatives?
Software
can't watch or burn DVDs, BSOD
when I go to watch DVDs or access the DVD in DVDFab, i get the blue screen of death. it flashes on too fast before it restarts my PC, to read the message. When I try to watch a DVD in DivX, I get a message saying my video card is incapable of watching DVDs and that I need a better video card. any...
Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:07.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App