Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Hotspot shield problem


28 Nov 2009   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Hotspot shield problem

i'm running windows 7 64 bit. and when i try to run the program Hotspot shield i get the following error: what to do?




Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Nov 2009   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

I'm using HotSpot Shield on a x64 system, never seen that dialog.

Maybe you should try to uninstall it, then download the latest version here and reinstall. After reinstall it sits nicely in the notification area. You can connect, disconnect or go to properties by right clickng the notification icon and choosing an option.

Kari



HotSpot Shield disconnected:

Name:  HSS1.PNG
Views: 3698
Size:  15.1 KB

HotSpot Shield connecting:

Name:  HSS2.PNG
Views: 3704
Size:  15.3 KB

HotSpot Shield connected:

Name:  HSS3.PNG
Views: 3705
Size:  15.3 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #3

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GlobesStudios View Post
i'm running windows 7 64 bit. and when i try to run the program Hotspot shield i get the following error: what to do?
Hi GS and welcome

can you tell us the exact file nema including its extension (ie hotspot.exe) thanks


Kenn J++
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Nov 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GlobesStudios View Post
i'm running windows 7 64 bit. and when i try to run the program Hotspot shield i get the following error: what to do?
Hi GS and welcome

can you tell us the exact file nema including its extension (ie hotspot.exe) thanks


Kenn J++
openvpntray.exe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

sorry for the double.. but nowone has answered for like 5 hours
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

I can not reproduce your error, how much I try.

Did you do as I told you? Download the latest version and reinstall it. There's no need to start HotSpot Shield manually, it installs itself to your notification area.

If you install it correctly, you don't have to worry about this kind of errors. Remember to allow installation of HSS Network Adapter, if asked:

Name:  HSS.PNG
Views: 92
Size:  33.9 KB

If you just hit Enter when this dialog appears, it is not installed because default choice is Don't Install.

Then simply right click the icon in notification area and choose Connect when you want to hide your IP.

Kari


My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
I can not reproduce your error, how much I try.

Did you do as I told you? Download the latest version and reinstall it. There's no need to start HotSpot Shield manually, it installs itself to your notification area.

If you install it correctly, you don't have to worry about this kind of errors. Remember to allow installation of HSS Network Adapter, if asked:

Attachment 39129

If you just hit Enter when this dialog appears, it is not installed because default choice is Don't Install.

Then simply right click the icon in notification area and choose Connect when you want to hide your IP.

Kari
i did all you said, when i right click and press connect it shows that error, i also notice that if i open up my computer, and type an internet address in the bar, it shows the same error
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

Basically, the only way to get this error is that TAP VPN driver is not installed. Did the reinstall ask about that driver I told you in my last post?

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Basically, the only way to get this error is that TAP VPN driver is not installed. Did the reinstall ask about that driver I told you in my last post?

Kari
nope it just installed regular.. didn't have any special prompts
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2009   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

bump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Hotspot shield problem




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Hotspot shield problem
Thread Forum
Solved No access to youtube after using HotSpot Shield System Security
BSOD when turning on the hotspot shield BSOD Help and Support
Solved Hotspot Shield somehow disabled and I cannot change it Software
no hotspot shield available for win 7 System Security
Hotspot shield problem Network & Sharing
Hotspot Shield and maybe DNS Look up problem? Network & Sharing
Hotspot Shield (IE cannot display the webpage) Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33