Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Does anyone have a problem with Nero?

26 Feb 2009   #1
rkid

Windows 7 Beta
 
 
Does anyone have a problem with Nero?

I cant' burn my data files with Nero.

I already tried 5 DVD and it's no use. It said it was "Power Callibration Error" I don't know if it has something to do with Windows 7 or not but It was working properly when I use it before (on Windows 7).


This is the problem



I was using Nero 7 but then I try to use Nero 9.0.9.4 and it's just the same same problem


Any advice?

Thank you very much


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Feb 2009   #2
black dog

7068 64 bit + XP Pro
 
 

Nero 8.3.6.0 is working fine for me. I am using Win 7 64 bit .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2009   #3
ibocpro

Windows 7 x64 build 7068
 
 

I get the same error when burning DL DVDs, using Nero 8.3.2.1. I have no issues with single layer DVDs though. I have tried different media with same result on DLs, going to try lower burn speed next, before messing with the software.

If I come up with a solution I will post..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Feb 2009   #4
NosferatuX

Windows 7 Build 7048 x64
 
 

If you're just looking to burn files, nothing fancy, you can try using the native burning support of Windows 7 or compatible CD/DVD software.

Please check out this post - CD/DVD Burning software

Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2009   #5
ibocpro

Windows 7 x64 build 7068
 
 

OK got Nero working burning DL video with menu etc. First updated the firmware for my ASUS 2014L1T to 1.02, then dropped the burn speed down to 4X.

I also copied wnaspi32 dll to the Nero folder, this should have nothing to do with the burn process though as it was for a secondary disc diag program.

Overall, since I did three things at the same time vesus one at a time, I think it was burn speed the whole time.

Hope this helps,

Good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2009   #6
rkid

Windows 7 Beta
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NosferatuX View Post
If you're just looking to burn files, nothing fancy, you can try using the native burning support of Windows 7 or compatible CD/DVD software.

Please check out this post - CD/DVD Burning software

Cheers


Can you tell me how to use the native burning support of Windows 7? I already looked for "Burn to disc" option but still can't find it.

I'm gonna search for Nero 8.3.2.1 too now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2009   #7
rkid

Windows 7 Beta
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ibocpro View Post
OK got Nero working burning DL video with menu etc. First updated the firmware for my ASUS 2014L1T to 1.02, then dropped the burn speed down to 4X.

I also copied wnaspi32 dll to the Nero folder, this should have nothing to do with the burn process though as it was for a secondary disc diag program.

Overall, since I did three things at the same time vesus one at a time, I think it was burn speed the whole time.

Hope this helps,

Good luck.
I'm gonna try that. I'm using laptop. I'm searching for Nero 8.3.2.1 now 'cause I already uninstall Nero 7

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2009   #8
NosferatuX

Windows 7 Build 7048 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rkid View Post
Can you tell me how to use the native burning support of Windows 7? I already looked for "Burn to disc" option but still can't find it.

I'm gonna search for Nero 8.3.2.1 too now
There are several ways of using the native burning support of Windows 7;

Most logical would be to right-click on a file and select "send to" your CD/DVD drive, clicking on your CD/DVD drive brings up a window showing all the files that are ready to be burned.

Easier approach, open Run (Win+R) and type shell:cd burning. You can drag and drop files to here. Burn when ready.

For burning ISO images, follow this tutorial - Burn Disc Image - ISO or IMG file

Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2009   #9
rkid

Windows 7 Beta
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NosferatuX View Post
There are several ways of using the native burning support of Windows 7;

Most logical would be to right-click on a file and select "send to" your CD/DVD drive, clicking on your CD/DVD drive brings up a window showing all the files that are ready to be burned.

Easier approach, open Run (Win+R) and type shell:cd burning. You can drag and drop files to here. Burn when ready.

For burning ISO images, follow this tutorial - Burn Disc Image - ISO or IMG file

Cheers

Is it really that simple? I feel so ashamed right now

I mostly need it to burn data files (.rar, .zip, .avi, .jpeg, etc)

I already got Nero 8.3.2.1 but I haven't install it yet

I'm gonna try that later. Thanks a lot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2009   #10
grimreaper

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

By the way latest Nero is:

Version
8.3.13.0

Release Date
2008-12-17

File Size
225 MB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Does anyone have a problem with Nero?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Nero 9 problem!
i have nero 9, if i want to copy multiple files to my dvd, it wont let me! it will only let me copy one file over! please can anybody shed any light on this? thanks very much!
Software
Nero or not
I was using MagicIso & MagicDisc to create .iso & .uif files & mount them, but the 2 programs (not exactly sure which) gave my comfuser problems & it was acting really bad ... I had to format & reinstall. I've heard of Daemon Tools but have never used/seen it used, will it create .iso files &...
Software
PLEASE HELP: Nero Ultra 7 stops working after installation of Nero
Hello Again, When I install Nero 7 and I run nero 7 It shows error message: Nero 7 Stopped working Please Close Program. PLEASE HELP ME!?!
Software
Nero 10 and Nero Media Home
I am considering upgrading from Nero 8 to Nero 10. However, I am not sure that I need any functionality that I don't have with Nero 8 Ultimate... The one possible exception is Nero Media Home 4... However, in reading it briefly, it doesn't seem like it does a whole lot that isn't available...
Software
new nero 10
away for 2 weeks, any idea how I extend the 15 day trail without reloading this huge program, impossible to evaluate in 15 days, in my case even less. Thanks:cry:
Software
Nero OEM
I'm looking for an inexpensive drive, Blu Ray Combo Drive, and the best that I could find for the price was a LG CH08LS10K 8X SATA Blu-Ray Combo Black Drive Bulk. The thing that puzzles me about this is the last word in the description "Bulk". It used to be that every time that I bought a new...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App