Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Which Codec Pack?

12 Dec 2009   #1
Blick

Windos 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Which Codec Pack?

K-Lite has x64 and x86 codec packs. Should I use both of 64 and 32 bit packs together rather than only 64bit?

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 32 bit

K-Lite Codec Pack 64-bit

or
Which package would you prefer?


ps: sorry for my English again...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Dec 2009   #2
Gornot

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Since you have Win7 x64 , my suggestion is to use only x64 codec pack.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2009   #3
Tpiom

Windows Seven - Ultimate (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sopolias Falst View Post
Since you have Win7 x64 , my suggestion is to use only x64 codec pack.
What he says.

And I recommend K-Lite Codec Pack 64-bit. I have the 32-bit version on XP and it works like a charm!

EDIT: I think you linked K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 32 bit wrong too, there is a 64-bit version of it too. So I interpret that you ask to use Mega or Lite. My answer is: Lite.

The other packages brings you a lot of features you do not need, and many of them just makes things worse.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Dec 2009   #4
reghakr

Windows 7 Pro & Vista Home Premium
 
 

I prefer K-Lie but I heard Sharkys is good as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2009   #5
Blick

Windos 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tpiom View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sopolias Falst View Post
Since you have Win7 x64 , my suggestion is to use only x64 codec pack.
What he says.

And I recommend K-Lite Codec Pack 64-bit. I have the 32-bit version on XP and it works like a charm!

EDIT: I think you linked K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 32 bit wrong too, there is a 64-bit version of it too. So I interpret that you ask to use Mega or Lite. My answer is: Lite.

The other packages brings you a lot of features you do not need, and many of them just makes things worse.
The link's not important. You say, i only install k-lite 64 bit that's enogh for everything?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2009   #6
HughShaw

Windows 7 Professional (x64)
 
 

Actually, I use the 32-bit as recommended from the site.
Quote:
For an optimal user experience it is highly recommended to also install one of the 32-bit variants from above, because most software that runs on 64-bit versions of Windows is still 32-bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2009   #7
duongkimngoc

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Blick View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tpiom View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sopolias Falst View Post
Since you have Win7 x64 , my suggestion is to use only x64 codec pack.
What he says.

And I recommend K-Lite Codec Pack 64-bit. I have the 32-bit version on XP and it works like a charm!

EDIT: I think you linked K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 32 bit wrong too, there is a 64-bit version of it too. So I interpret that you ask to use Mega or Lite. My answer is: Lite.

The other packages brings you a lot of features you do not need, and many of them just makes things worse.
The link's not important. You say, i only install k-lite 64 bit that's enogh for everything?
If the x64 package is enough for you, you should use it.
The x64 pack contains decoders only.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2009   #8
sirdan

Win Xp/7
 
 

The way it works:
You need x64bit codecs ONLY if you want to use x64bit player like WMP12. 64 bit application cannot connect to x32 filters.

If you use simply mpc hc (32 version is still bettrer than 64) or any other 32bit player, use 32 codecs.

You can install both 32/64 codecs packs on the same system without problem. They do not interfere on each other.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Which Codec Pack?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Best Codec Pack for Windows 7
I need everyones suggestions for the best codec pack for Windows 7. I have 64bit. I was thinking of getting shark007's but I have no clue, I've been lazy and not got it yet. what you all think?
Media Center
Windows 7 Codec Pack 2.5.0
Windows 7 Codec Pack 2.5.0 http://www.windows7codecs.com/images/screen_shot_2_large.jpg Package Components: ● DivX 7.2 Pro Video Codec. ● DivX h.264 Video (Decoder) Codec. ● DivX Web Player 1.5.0.52 browser plugin. ● XviD 1.2.1 VAQ Video (Encoder) Codec - Koepi's 04/12/08 Build.
Sound & Audio
Windows 7 Codec Pack (from Vista Codec Pack developer)
Hi Anyone who knows the issues with CODECS for Vista will probably know about Shark007's Vista Codec Pack and how it solved all codec issues in one small package. Well, Shark has recently released the VCP for Windows 7 (Alpha but stable!) The info can be found at Shark007's Homepage for...
Software
How do I uninstall Shark007 codec pack?
I'm not sure whether this is the culprit, but I used to have a "convert WTV to DV RMS" option when I right clicked on a wtv file, but that's no longer in my menu shell.....anyway, it says go to the HELP tab of the settings application to uninstall.....but what does that mean?
Software
Windows 7 Codec Pack 2.4.0
Windows 7 Codec Pack 2.4.0 http://www.windows7codecs.com/images/screen_shot_2_large.jpg Windows 7 Codec Pack (Current Version: 2.4.0) The Windows 7 Codec Pack has been created to make installing major codec's, filters, plug-ins and splitters a breeze. Special care has been...
Software
The matroska codec pack
So the aim is to play mkv files with WMP. I know all about vlc, used it on XP. Checking into some of the codec packs available. I am aware of the Shark pack, but unless I'm mistaken I would need to install the 7 pack and the x64 ontop of it. So I stumble accrost this cccp-project.net, seriously...
Music, Pictures & Video

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:10.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App