|15 Dec 2009||#1|
| || |
Winrar 3.91 available
Winrar has been updated to 3.91
1. This version can decompress 7-Zip archives created with
2. Now a password is requested only once when unpacking 7z archives
with encrypted file names from context menu. WinRAR 3.90 asked it
3. This version can unpack tar.bz2 archives consisting of several
smaller bz2 streams merged together. Previous versions unpacked
only the first nested bz2 stream in such composite archive.
4. WinRAR displays CRC32 of files inside of usual .gz (not .tar.gz)
archives. Previous versions left this field blank for GZIP files.
5. Bugs fixed:
a) WinRAR 3.90 displayed "Save" button instead of "Open" or "OK"
in "Find archive" dialog ("Open archive" command in "File" menu
and "Browse..." command in archiving dialog);
b) WinRAR could display incorrect file names when browsing malformed
c) WinRAR 3.90 failed to decompress LZH archives created with
d) WinRAR 3.90 could fail to delete a part of files after archiving
if delete to Recycle Bin was enabled. This bug was present
when working in Windows XP, but not in Windows Vista and Windows 7;
e) when unpacking ISO file using WinRAR "Extract files..." command
in Explorer context menu, WinRAR could unpack same archived files
twice during the same operation. It displayed the overwrite prompt
when unpacking files for the second time;
f) hexadecimal search in WinRAR 3.90 "Find" command and console RAR
"ih" command failed to find matches if first byte in search string
was greater than 127.
|My System Specs|
|26 Feb 2010||#3|
| || |
WinRAR Download Page )
1. If you start WinRAR command from Explorer context menu in multiple monitor configuration, the command dialog will be displayed on the same monitor as context menu. In previous versions it was always displayed on primary monitor.
2. WinRAR "Compress and email..." context menu command adds the archive name to email subject. Previous versions left the subject blank.
3. In RAR 3.91 -x switch could also exclude folders from archiving even if mask contained wilcard characters and did not contain a path. For example, -x*. excluded all those folders, which do not have the extension in the name. Now -x switch uses RAR 3.80 approach for masks without path, excluding folders only if mask does not contain wildcards and matches the folder name exactly.
4. Bugs fixed:
a) WinRAR 3.91 reported the incorrect "Unexpected end of archive"
error, when opening an empty ZIP archive created with
"New WinRAR ZIP archive" context menu command;
b) if "Delete archive" option was enabled when unpacking several
ZIP archives and if one of archives was damaged, WinRAR did not
delete archives after the damaged one, even if they were unpacked
c) if file matched two different masks in RarFiles.lst, WinRAR
could select the last match. Normally, if neither of masks
is a subset of another, the first match must be chosen.
|My System Specs|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.