Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: PROBLEM: PC Tools 6.1.0.25 with Win7 64 bit removal

17 Dec 2009   #11

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

I just wandered in, but if i understand correctly, the uninstall goes fine, but after, you have no internet access?

Have you tried SFC /scannow ?

Could possibly be a incorrectly modified network file or system file, on PC Tool's behalf.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Dec 2009   #12
Jaq

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
 
 

Problem solved - Thanks guys!

How I did it:

Restarted in safe mode, right clicked in the system tray and existed the antivirus software.

Ran services.msc to check nothing from PC Tools was running.

Uninstalled the PC Tools antivirus from control panel - it came up with the same error it always did about not finding PCTcFFix64.exe. Ignored this, dropped to the registry to check all the keys were removed. There was a key at HKEY/Local.../WOW6432Node/Microsoft/Tracing/PC Tools Antivirus ... RASMANCS which I also removed.

Rebooted - no internet through the web browser as usual.

This is bit I did different, I right clicked on cmd and ran it as an administator. Ran 'netsh winsock reset' which asked me to reboot.

Rebooted, and everything is a-ok again.
Thanks a lot for all the help guys (and girls).

Now to spread the word to those I found having the same problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2009   #13

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
Problem solved - Thanks guys!

How I did it:

Restarted in safe mode, right clicked in the system tray and existed the antivirus software.

Ran services.msc to check nothing from PC Tools was running.

Uninstalled the PC Tools antivirus from control panel - it came up with the same error it always did about not finding PCTcFFix64.exe. Ignored this, dropped to the registry to check all the keys were removed. There was a key at HKEY/Local.../WOW6432Node/Microsoft/Tracing/PC Tools Antivirus ... RASMANCS which I also removed.

Rebooted - no internet through the web browser as usual.

This is bit I did different, I right clicked on cmd and ran it as an administator. Ran 'netsh winsock reset' which asked me to reboot.

Rebooted, and everything is a-ok again.
Thanks a lot for all the help guys (and girls).

Now to spread the word to those I found having the same problem.
lol,it did tell you to run the cmd as administrator in the link i gave you to the forum.glad you got it sorted
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Dec 2009   #14
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Ah-ha!
Quote:
The PCTLsp.dll is a PC Tools Layered Service Provider.

This file is part of PC Tools Content Filter. PCTLsp.dll is developed by PC Tools Research Pty Ltd.. PCTLsp.dll is usually located in the %PROGRAM_FILES% sub-folder and its usual size is 182,152 bytes
So it adds itself as a layered service provider ... no wonder you lost your Internet connection.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2009   #15
Jaq

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
Ah-ha!
Quote:
The PCTLsp.dll is a PC Tools Layered Service Provider.

This file is part of PC Tools Content Filter. PCTLsp.dll is developed by PC Tools Research Pty Ltd.. PCTLsp.dll is usually located in the %PROGRAM_FILES% sub-folder and its usual size is 182,152 bytes
So it adds itself as a layered service provider ... no wonder you lost your Internet connection.

Intresting, although I'm wondering exactly where it is (can't find it) and should I delete it if I find it?

I'm still using the Pc Tools firewall, and if it's still on my system it's not doing any harm at the mo, so might leave it well alone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2009   #16
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

You can download LSPfix here: Bleeping Computer Downloads: LSP-Fix
Since you have your Internet connection back you may want to just ignore this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Dec 2009   #17
Jaq

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
You can download LSPfix here: Bleeping Computer Downloads: LSP-Fix
Since you have your Internet connection back you may want to just ignore this.

Will do, thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 PROBLEM: PC Tools 6.1.0.25 with Win7 64 bit removal




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: PROBLEM: PC Tools 6.1.0.25 with Win7 64 bit removal
Thread Forum
Cannot start Win7 after removal of account Backup and Restore
Solved Cannot boot Win7 Pro 64bit after drive removal General Discussion
Flamer Removal Tools System Security
bad sector removal using win7 ? Performance & Maintenance
Removal of Magnifier in Win7 General Discussion
Administration tools for Win7 General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33