Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: list of process running in my laptop...


20 Dec 2009   #1

windows7
 
 
list of process running in my laptop...

hello everyone ...

i am using a HP tablet PC touchsmart TX2-1370 which came with windows 7 home premium edition 64 bit OS


recently i saw some processes running .. i am afraid is it virus or normal .. i didnt install any other operating system or dual boot ...


plz look at this and tell me ........

so please tell me ... am i wasting my ram on some useless processes ...

how to remove that processes named as *32

i am using norton internet security updated daily .. activated .. it is not detecting any virus ... and also scanning with C cleaner latest virus ...

please look at this image which i snipped it ..
list of process running in my laptop...-processes.jpg



thanks in advance for the help ..




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Dec 2009   #2

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Ahhh, you got nothing to worry about mate, the *32 represents that it's a 32 bit application. Your running an x64/64bit Windows 7, hence why you see this, if you were running a x86/32bit Windows 7, you wouldn't see this, nor would you get a *64, because x86/32bit cannot run x64/64bit code.

Hope that explains it for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Dec 2009   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Not to worry,

You have a 64bit OS the *32 entries are where you have installed 32 bit applications.

If you want to check the actual *.exe then you can search-engine them or download a free 'process explorer' there are a few of them around.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Dec 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
Ahhh, you got nothing to worry about mate, the *32 represents that it's a 32 bit application. Your running an x64/64bit Windows 7, hence why you see this, if you were running a x86/32bit Windows 7, you wouldn't see this, nor would you get a *64, because x86/32bit cannot run x64/64bit code.

Hope that explains it for you.
lol... Two posts from NSW, Australia at the same time. Rare!
(south coast was quicker though...damn!)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Dec 2009   #5

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TimStitt View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
Ahhh, you got nothing to worry about mate, the *32 represents that it's a 32 bit application. Your running an x64/64bit Windows 7, hence why you see this, if you were running a x86/32bit Windows 7, you wouldn't see this, nor would you get a *64, because x86/32bit cannot run x64/64bit code.

Hope that explains it for you.
lol... Two posts from NSW, Australia at the same time. Rare!
(south coast was quicker though...damn!)
Hahaha, ahh 2 aussie's is better then 1
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Dec 2009   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

The process list looks totally normal to me. If a x64 system is running a 32-bit application or process, it is marked with *32. For example, you are using a 32-bit Internet Explorer which is OK because although IE8 64-bit works well it is still useless if you need flash, watching Youtube videos etc. A 64-bit flash-player does not exist yet and IE8 x64 can not use 32-bit flash-player, which is one of the most important reasons people are still using IE8 32-bit instead of IE8 64-bit.

You can see how the process list changes if you close the IE8 and open a 64-bit IE8. It's found in the Start Menu > All programs list, on top of it:

Name:  IEx64.PNG
Views: 12
Size:  59.2 KB

Kari


My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #7

windows7
 
 

thankq all for your help .. i was very worried that i had some virus or malware in my laptop hece decided to restore my PC or format it ..


you all saved me a lot of time and and headache ....................
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #8

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Glad to be of assistance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by prataptetali View Post
thankq all for your help .. i was very worried that i had some virus or malware in my laptop hece decided to restore my PC or format it ..


you all saved me a lot of time and and headache ....................
You're very welcome. Merry Xmas!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Windows Server 2008
 
 

Just a tip: whenever you go to download new software, always check to see if there's a 64-bit version available. Many software companies these days release both a 32-bit and 64-bit version, and if there's a "default", it will most likely be the 32-bit version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 list of process running in my laptop...




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: list of process running in my laptop...
Thread Forum
Solved Process running, programs don't open BSOD Help and Support
Solved windows 7 task manager does't show process list Performance & Maintenance
Does the ScreenSaver process keep running ... General Discussion
Process is running but nothing comes up on my screen or task bar Gaming
How many process are you running on Windows 7? General Discussion
Please look at my process list Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33