Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to Remove Window DVD Maker


09 Jan 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 
How to Remove Window DVD Maker

How do I remove the Windows DVD Maker? I looked in Programs and Features and didn't see it listed and I even went into Turn Windows features on and off and couldn't find it there. Help I don't need Windows DVD Maker I user another program to create DVDs

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Jan 2010   #2
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Besides the fact that you cannot remove it, what is the point - why would you want to remove it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

I said in my post I don't need it as I use another program to burn DVDs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Jan 2010   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

I don't know why you want to uninstall Windows DVD Maker. Just use your other program and forget about the Windows DVD Maker.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

I'm also running out of HD space, so removing it will give me more space on the HD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cgrim29588 View Post
How do I remove the Windows DVD Maker? I looked in Programs and Features and didn't see it listed and I even went into Turn Windows features on and off and couldn't find it there. Help I don't need Windows DVD Maker I user another program to create DVDs
Hi, Welcome to SF,

You could Find it under Program Features > Turn Windows features on or off > Media Features > Windows DVD Maker Uncheck it that should do the trick

Name:  DVD.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  45.8 KB

Hope this help,
Captain


My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #7
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

And save about a grand total of 90 MB after, not going to help a whole lot.

Looking at your specs you would be far better off getting a bigger hard drive than looking here and there trying to save a few MB's, a 40 GB drive isn't big enough for much of anything these days (my music collection wouldn't fit on it).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #8
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cgrim29588 View Post
How do I remove the Windows DVD Maker? I looked in Programs and Features and didn't see it listed and I even went into Turn Windows features on and off and couldn't find it there. Help I don't need Windows DVD Maker I user another program to create DVDs
Hi, Welcome to SF,

You could Find it under Program Features > Turn Windows features on or off > Media Features > Windows DVD Maker Uncheck it that should do the trick

Attachment 46534

Hope this help,
Captain

Shyam, are you sure this actually uninstalls the feature or does it just inactivate it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #9
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Cgrim,

Using Windows Features to turn off Windows DVD Maker will not uninstall it from the computer. It only turns that feature off so that it does not show up in Windows 7 instead until turned back on. The actual files are still stored on your computer.

About the only thing you can do is get a larger HDD, or uninstall other items.

Sorry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #10
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Cgrim,

Using Windows Features to turn off Windows DVD Maker will not uninstall it from the computer. It only turns that feature off so that it does not show up in Windows 7 instead until turned back on. The actual files are still stored on your computer.

About the only thing you can do is get a larger HDD, or uninstall other items.

Sorry.
Thanks Shawn for clarifying that. I figured it was that way because no uninstaller gets involved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to Remove Window DVD Maker




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: How to Remove Window DVD Maker
Thread Forum
Solved how do I take out date off pictures in window dvd maker. Music, Pictures & Video
window movie maker exports audio but no video Media Center
Open Command Window Here - Add or Remove Tutorials
window movie maker lag when too many items on timeline. Music, Pictures & Video
Window live Movie maker error [Urgent] BSOD Help and Support
How Do I Remove Transparency On Top of Window General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33