Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Text To Speech Problem

29 Jan 2010   #1

windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Text To Speech Problem

My 5.1 sound system works fine with all sound applications that I have tested except the text-to-speech program. When I run text-to-speech the narrator will read the text, but I only hear a faint muffled voice coming from my center speaker and subwoofer. I have checked all sound settings that I can find, including the text-to-speech audio settings in Control Panel, but to no avail. I am also running Natural Reader software and I have the same problem. I need help.

Steve

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jan 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steve4peace View Post
My 5.1 sound system works fine with all sound applications that I have tested except the text-to-speech program. When I run text-to-speech the narrator will read the text, but I only hear a faint muffled voice coming from my center speaker and subwoofer. I have checked all sound settings that I can find, including the text-to-speech audio settings in Control Panel, but to no avail. I am also running Natural Reader software and I have the same problem. I need help.

Steve

Hi and welcome.
I know this is your second message about your problem in the past 3 days. I'm no expert with text to speech but you need to look at your your sound chip/board.

Please let us know if you have a PCI sound card or is it on your motherboard.
Have you been to the computers manuf. website to se eif you have the latest sound drivers.

Hope this helps to at least gets you going in the correct direction.
Let us know what you find out.
Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #3

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Thank you very much for trying to help.

I have so-called "onboard sound." It is a brand new computer. I went to the website for the manufacturer of the motherboard (ASUS) to look for drivers. But it is over my head. I don't want to download anything if I don't know what I am doing. I have wonderful sound coming out of my speakers when I listen to music, which is very important to me. But text to speech is also very important to me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Jan 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steve4peace View Post
Thank you very much for trying to help.

I have so-called "onboard sound." It is a brand new computer. I went to the website for the manufacturer of the motherboard (ASUS) to look for drivers. But it is over my head. I don't want to download anything if I don't know what I am doing. I have wonderful sound coming out of my speakers when I listen to music, which is very important to me. But text to speech is also very important to me.
Steve
I just went to ASUS.com and selected Support tab at top
I then slected downloads
I then from the pink menu selected your Motherboard
Then you select the CPU socket which is LGA1156
Then you select OS Windows 7 64 bit

This will open a list of directories and You need to open the one that says audio.
Select the latest version of sound drivers which is on the top of the list and download using the Global button and enter the letter and numbers from the security check.
After a moment your computer may ask you if it is ok to download this file.
You say yes.
This will download the file to a location on your computer.
Make sure you see where it is downloaded to so you can find it and open it.
It is in zip format which means it is compressed in one file and needs to be opened and expanded so you can install it .
I just downloaded it myself and it is 181 MB in size.
After is is unpacked you need to look in the directory where it uncompress and find the file
ASUSsetup.exe and select it by clicking your left mouse key.

It should automatically load the drivers and ask you to reboot.
That should do it.
If you feel unsure if you can do it ask or find someone you trust and has the knowledge to do it for you.
Here is a picture of your audio drivers you need.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2010   #5

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Iggy,

You are an angel. I can hardly believe that you did so much work for me. I did what you suggested and it fixed my problem. Thank you very, very much! Now that I can hear the text to speech reader clearly, I have noticed that it will only come out of the center speaker of my 5.1 system. Do you know whether there is any way to make it come out of all of the speakers?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steve4peace View Post
Iggy,

You are an angel. I can hardly believe that you did so much work for me. I did what you suggested and it fixed my problem. Thank you very, very much! Now that I can hear the text to speech reader clearly, I have noticed that it will only come out of the center speaker of my 5.1 system. Do you know whether there is any way to make it come out of all of the speakers?
Audio Drivers fixed
You are very welcome. Glad the issue is fixed.
We are here to help and you have made my day that my solution has helped you and the problem is gone.
Iggy


Center Speaker issue.
You need to go into your Control Panel and select Sound and look for speaker setup.
Not sure here but you need to tell your computer that you have 5.1 and not just a set of 2 speakers.
Can someone help Steve...because I'm not sure aabout how to change it to 5.1.

Iggy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

Steve.
You may need to rewrite your question about your speakers under the Sound & Audio section of the forum. That way it will bew new and people will see it there and come up with an answer.

IGGY
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2010   #8

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Iggy,

I might ask my question under the Sound & Audio section, which is where I first asked my text to speech question. But I definitely have my system set for 5.1 audio and all speakers test properly using the test function and they all sound great when playing music. Perhaps the text to speech engine only sends a signal to the center speaker in a 5.1 system. It's not a big deal. I can hear it fine from my center speaker.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steve4peace View Post
Iggy,

I might ask my question under the Sound & Audio section, which is where I first asked my text to speech question. But I definitely have my system set for 5.1 audio and all speakers test properly using the test function and they all sound great when playing music. Perhaps the text to speech engine only sends a signal to the center speaker in a 5.1 system. It's not a big deal. I can hear it fine from my center speaker.

That sounds resonable that it is only mono and not stereo.

Anyway enjoy.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Text To Speech Problem




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Text To Speech Problem
Thread Forum
Additional voices for text to speech? General Discussion
export files from text to speech General Discussion
Can't use additional voices for Text to Speech using Microsoft Speech General Discussion
windows 7- text to speech software??? Software
Text to speech - not starting. Please help. Sound & Audio
Text to speech for Windows 7 Sound & Audio
Text to Speech Audio Problem Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33