I came across this and think it's a cool Windows Explorer replacement. --> Xyplorer XYplorer - Product
It is NOT Free.
But I like the feature of tabbed browsing in the explorer environment. I can see how this can be very handy.
You can download a 30 trial version. Otherwise it's $20.00
If anyone knows of any free explorer replacements with tabs please let me know.. I will try them out.
Hey I did find one that's pretty nice but please if you know of more let me know. I have been looking and looking around the net and trying lots of them. Many simply did not work correctly or had bugs right from the start.
The trick was finding a good free one that looks nice and works well - and has features the regular Explorer does not. I think I have found one.
It's called Explorer + + . Explorer++ - A small and fast file manager for Windows
I like it because it has tabbed browsing. Tabs in explorer helps make navigating through lots of windows much easier and smoother.
is a free multi-tab file manager for Windows. Available on Windows XP and above, it features the same familiar interface as Windows Explorer, while introducing several enhancements and improvements for a much richer file browsing experience. Features:
- With the option to save to the registry or a configuration file, Explorer++ is completely portable.
- Tabbed browsing for easy management of multiple folders.
- Display window shows previews of files as they are selected.
- Easy-to-remember keyboard shortcuts for quick navigation.
- Customizable user interface.
- Full drag-and-drop support with other applications, including Windows Explorer.
- Advanced file operations such as merging and splitting supported. "
It comes in a 32 bit and 64 bit version.
This program is now Open Source so you can expect it to be around a while with good community support.
This program is a standalone application - no install needed.
This app does not replace your existing Explorer or make changes to windows. There may be a way to integrate this into Windows so you can use it as your default Explorer. I am looking into it.