Quote: Originally Posted by Clicksmart
Cannot connect after upgrading Firefox on windows 7 32bit
the latest update of firefox works on my windows 7 64bit ultimate but not on my laptop running win 7 32bit home. Firefore updates with no issues but one its done i can no longer connect to any web site while all other web apps eg. IE8, torrents, itunes etc... have no issue connecting.
ps. i have tried removing and re-installing firefox under safe mode with both firewall and anti-virus programs disabled.
also incase needed this is my laptop: MSI E7235-295US 9S7-172234-295 Notebook PC - Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 2.0GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, DVDRW, 17" WXGA+, Nvidia GeForce GT 130m, Windows 7 Home Premium, Black/Red
alrighty try this. First off, backup your bookmarks in the manage bookmarks section.
After this, you are going to nuke this thing down to the registry.
1. Goto Add/Remove Programs and get rid of it there.
2. Goto C:\Program Files\Mozilla and dump the entire folder.
3. Goto C:\users\yourusername\AppData\ and go into both the local and roaming folders and dump the Mozilla folder.
4. Next, goto Start and then in the search box type "regedit" without quotes and hit enter.
5. Goto HKeyLocalMachine\Software\Mozilla and dump that folder.
Once you have done all of that, reboot the computer for good measure and then reinstall FireFox.