Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Latest CCleaner Version Released

04 Nov 2010   #331
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
November 3, 2010

CCleaner 3.00.1310
Released. Changelog below.

information   Information

- Fixed bug with extensions on Chrome.
I'm not exactly certain what this bug is about, but I just attempted to install the latest version of CC, and it wanted to force me to install Google Chrome, which I do not want. However, that is now a moot point, because the installer completely froze my system and had to do a forced reboot. I guess I will stick with an older version.





Think it might have had something to do with what is referred to in G1llys post - 3 or 4 post up from this one. Messing with extensions on Google Chrome, like deleting the Lastpass extension data.

The Google Chrome offer however, was introduced in the first 3.0 version, right before this last version. It's just an offer like many other programs give now (Avast), you can decline it during install. I did, went just fine. Uninstalled the older version, and installed this one. No problems during my installation of it at all.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Nov 2010   #332
G1LLY

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
I'm not exactly certain what this bug is about, but I just attempted to install the latest version of CC, and it wanted to force me to install Google Chrome, which I do not want. However, that is now a moot point, because the installer completely froze my system and had to do a forced reboot. I guess I will stick with an older version.
You can always download the Slim Installer from their builds page - Piriform - Builds I always use this installer now, it saves accidently installing whatever they decide to bundle with it, I'm using Google Chrome anyway but still nice to know there's not gonna be any toolbars to untick etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2010   #333
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Yeah, forgot to mention, that's a good idea. The link for the different builds is the main link in the first post of this thread also.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Nov 2010   #334
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
Think it might have had something to do with what is referred to in G1llys post - 3 or 4 post up from this one. Messing with extensions on Google Chrome, like deleting the Lastpass extension data.

The Google Chrome offer however, was introduced in the first 3.0 version, right before this last version. It's just an offer like many other programs give now (Avast), you can decline it during install. I did, went just fine. Uninstalled the older version, and installed this one. No problems during my installation of it at all.
I looked for a means to bypass Chrome, but all that I saw was back, install and cancel buttons...nothing to simply skip over it. Not that I could have used it anyway, since it crashed as it did.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2010   #335
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by G1LLY View Post
You can always download the Slim Installer from their builds page - Piriform - Builds I always use this installer now, it saves accidently installing whatever they decide to bundle with it, I'm using Google Chrome anyway but still nice to know there's not gonna be any toolbars to untick etc.
Thanks, that worked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2010   #336
Maxxwire

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
I'm not exactly certain what this bug is about, but I just attempted to install the latest version of CC, and it wanted to force me to install Google Chrome,
I saw the same screen the first time I did an over the top install of CCleaner 3.00, but since I uninstalled CCleaner from its x86 Program File and reinstalled it in x64 Program Files I didn't get the opt-in to install Google Chrome any longer.

~Maxx~

My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2010   #337
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

CCEnhancer 2.0 available.

Download CCEnhancer | The Web Atom
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2010   #338
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Thanks much for the heads up
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2010   #339
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
CCEnhancer 2.0 available.

Download CCEnhancer | The Web Atom
Thank you Aaron. First post updated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2010   #340
Maxxwire

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Thanks Aaron, I've been waiting for this update and it works perfectly with all versions of CCleaner including the new x64 version!

~Maxx~



Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Latest CCleaner Version Released




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Latest Windows Essentials Version Released
Latest Version of Windows Essentials Released (For both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7 and Windows 8) Windows Essentials Download Homepage Windows Essentials Full Offline Installer (EN-US) Download Link
Software
Latest version of VMWARE Player released
https://www.vmware.com/support/player60/doc/player-602-release-notes.html VMware Player 6.0.2 Release Notes VMware Player 6.0.2 | 17 April 2014 | Build 1744117 ...
Virtualization
Latest Version of Comodo Firewall Released
Latest Version of COMODO Firewall Free Released Version: 6.0.260739.2674 Release Date: December 19th 2012 Also available through the program's updater option.
System Security
Latest version of Firefox 13 released
Latest version of Firefox 13 released :) Mozilla Firefox 13 System Requirements Download Firefox 13.0 - FileHippo.com
Browsers & Mail
Latest Version of A-Patch Released
Latest Version of A-Patch Released To download Windows Live Essentials Programs, see: Windows Live Essentials Downloads DOWNLOAD PAGE: A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger FEATURES PAGE: A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:43.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App