Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Latest CCleaner Version Released

28 Dec 2011   #481
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Thanks Aaron

A Guy


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Jan 2012   #482
EmmCee

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

CCleaner screws up Sky Go as it appears to unregister devices when run so you can't use them to watch live Sky TV (and have to wait until the next calendar month to rectify matters!) I've just uninstalled CCleaner and will avoid it in future.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #483
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EmmCee View Post
CCleaner screws up Sky Go as it appears to unregister devices when run so you can't use them to watch live Sky TV (and have to wait until the next calendar month to rectify matters!) I've just uninstalled CCleaner and will avoid it in future.
I m curious how CCleaner can conflict with Watching TV online
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jan 2012   #484
EmmCee

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Here's the explanation, panais. Sky Go in the UK allows Sky TV subscribers to watch live TV on just two devices at a time (e.g. two laptops, a laptop and a smartphone, a PC and an iPad.) Changes to the devices you can use are limited to one per calendar month. So, if you register a laptop and a smartphone in January, then decide you'd rather use an iPad and a PC, you can make one change to deregister the laptop and register the iPad in January and then have to wait until February until you can deregister the smartphone and register the PC. What CCleaner appears to do when you run it is automatically change the settings for your registered devices. So, in my case I ran CCleaner earlier this month and in doing so, Sky counted that as my one allowed "change" for the month. I now have to wait until February until I can re-register my laptop. Frustrating.

Anyway, the bottom line is remove CCleaner and avoid it like the plague. That's my policy going forward.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #485
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EmmCee View Post
Here's the explanation, panais. Sky Go in the UK allows Sky TV subscribers to watch live TV on just two devices at a time (e.g. two laptops, a laptop and a smartphone, a PC and an iPad.) Changes to the devices you can use are limited to one per calendar month. So, if you register a laptop and a smartphone in January, then decide you'd rather use an iPad and a PC, you can make one change to deregister the laptop and register the iPad in January and then have to wait until February until you can deregister the smartphone and register the PC. What CCleaner appears to do when you run it is automatically change the settings for your registered devices. So, in my case I ran CCleaner earlier this month and in doing so, Sky counted that as my one allowed "change" for the month. I now have to wait until February until I can re-register my laptop. Frustrating.

Anyway, the bottom line is remove CCleaner and avoid it like the plague. That's my policy going forward.
I think it's likely that Sky Go is putting some kind of temporary token on your system that is in a location that CCleaner cleans. CCleaner would not change settings. If this is the case, manually clearing temp files would have the same effect. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #486
Maxxwire

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EmmCee View Post
So, in my case I ran CCleaner earlier this month and in doing so, Sky counted that as my one allowed "change" for the month. I now have to wait until February until I can re-register my laptop. Frustrating.


EmmCee- Have you tried entering the Sky file(s) on CCleaner's permanent exemption list? I have some font configuration files which my Image Management software requires in order to function and CCleaner used to remove them every time I ran the program until I took the time to put the files on CCleaner's permanent exemption list and ever since then the files have remained in their location and have never been deleted.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2012   #487
pacinitaly

windows 7 professional & ultimate 64bit laptops
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EmmCee View Post
Here's the explanation, panais. Sky Go in the UK allows Sky TV subscribers to watch live TV on just two devices at a time (e.g. two laptops, a laptop and a smartphone, a PC and an iPad.) Changes to the devices you can use are limited to one per calendar month. So, if you register a laptop and a smartphone in January, then decide you'd rather use an iPad and a PC, you can make one change to deregister the laptop and register the iPad in January and then have to wait until February until you can deregister the smartphone and register the PC. What CCleaner appears to do when you run it is automatically change the settings for your registered devices. So, in my case I ran CCleaner earlier this month and in doing so, Sky counted that as my one allowed "change" for the month. I now have to wait until February until I can re-register my laptop. Frustrating.

Anyway, the bottom line is remove CCleaner and avoid it like the plague. That's my policy going forward.
I think it's likely that Sky Go is putting some kind of temporary token on your system that is in a location that CCleaner cleans. CCleaner would not change settings. If this is the case, manually clearing temp files would have the same effect. A Guy
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxwire View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EmmCee View Post
So, in my case I ran CCleaner earlier this month and in doing so, Sky counted that as my one allowed "change" for the month. I now have to wait until February until I can re-register my laptop. Frustrating.


EmmCee- Have you tried entering the Sky file(s) on CCleaner's permanent exemption list? I have some font configuration files which my Image Management software requires in order to function and CCleaner used to remove them every time I ran the program until I took the time to put the files on CCleaner's permanent exemption list and ever since then the files have remained in their location and have never been deleted.



very good !!!!!!!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #488
Ravi5kumar

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Ubuntu 12.04.3 x64
 
 

Thanks for the program CCEnhancer. Thanks Brink!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #489
Maxxwire

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 



So far CCleaner Enhancer has added 63 programs to CCleaner's cleaning roster on my Win 7 x64 computer which are noted by the *'s a sample of which are shown in the screenshot above.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #490
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Taking into account the only dumb question - how do I know which to tick out of the cast of thousands well a few?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Latest CCleaner Version Released




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Latest Windows Essentials Version Released
Latest Version of Windows Essentials Released (For both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7 and Windows 8) Windows Essentials Download Homepage Windows Essentials Full Offline Installer (EN-US) Download Link
Software
Latest version of VMWARE Player released
https://www.vmware.com/support/player60/doc/player-602-release-notes.html VMware Player 6.0.2 Release Notes VMware Player 6.0.2 | 17 April 2014 | Build 1744117 ...
Virtualization
Latest Version of Comodo Firewall Released
Latest Version of COMODO Firewall Free Released Version: 6.0.260739.2674 Release Date: December 19th 2012 Also available through the program's updater option.
System Security
Latest version of Firefox 13 released
Latest version of Firefox 13 released :) Mozilla Firefox 13 System Requirements Download Firefox 13.0 - FileHippo.com
Browsers & Mail
Latest Version of A-Patch Released
Latest Version of A-Patch Released To download Windows Live Essentials Programs, see: Windows Live Essentials Downloads DOWNLOAD PAGE: A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger FEATURES PAGE: A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App