Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Copy DVD to DVD - Freeware

25 Mar 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Copy DVD to DVD - Freeware

I don't want to copy movies or make data disks, I just want to be able to put a source DVD disk into Drive G: and put a blank DVD disk into Drive H: and press a button that says 'Copy DVD to DVD'. For example, make a backup of a DVD that came with a new printer.

I have used Nero but would like a bare-bones program, i.e., not bloated.

AnyDVD is only valid for 21 days.

I have looked at Imageburn but does it do the above? (Problem is I don't understand what an ISO is.)

What would you recommend?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Mar 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 build 7600 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

Try CD Burner XP. Its free, small and 7 is supported.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

An ISO file is an image of a disc. So you put the source disk into the computer and create an image from it. Then you end up with a file like filename.iso.

At that point, you can take filename.iso and choose the option to burn a disc from the disc image. You simply pick your ISO file and it recreates another disc exactly as it was on the source disc.

Hope that helps. Imgburn is what i use. Great freebie app.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Mar 2010   #4

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gladson1976 View Post
Try CD Burner XP. Its free, small and 7 is supported.
I agree. Here is a screen shot.

Name:  CD Copy.PNG
Views: 412
Size:  100.9 KB

This is for non-copy protected CD/DVD.

Jim


My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 build 7600 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
An ISO file is an image of a disc. So you put the source disk into the computer and create an image from it. Then you end up with a file like filename.iso.

At that point, you can take filename.iso and choose the option to burn a disc from the disc image. You simply pick your ISO file and it recreates another disc exactly as it was on the source disc.

Hope that helps. Imgburn is what i use. Great freebie app.
Thats two steps and defeats the purpose of having two drives
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gladson1976 View Post
Thats two steps and defeats the purpose of having two drives
The OP said that he didn't know what an ISO file was...so I was trying to explain that for him. It's very important to understand ISO files, both creating and burning them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 build 7600 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gladson1976 View Post
Thats two steps and defeats the purpose of having two drives
The OP said that he didn't know what an ISO file was...so I was trying to explain that for him. It's very important to understand ISO files, both creating and burning them.
Sorry, my bad. ISO's are surely important when you have to make backups of CD's/DVD's
ISO image - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #8

win7
 
 

try Ashampo Burning Studio
It's Free
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Copy DVD to DVD - Freeware





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Copy DVD to DVD - Freeware
Thread Forum
Malware bytes freeware ~ unable to escape trial + just run freeware Software
Freeware... is it safe and worth the add-ons? Software
Freeware Software
Freeware to download websites Software
Freeware app? System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33