Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Live messenger issues


30 Apr 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Windows Live messenger issues

I've had some issues with Windows Live messenger lately (the latest version), and today I re-installed it... twice. Each time I try to start it after re-installing I get a window that says:

Windows Live Messenger has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.


Do any of you know how to fix this problem?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Apr 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
I've had some issues with Windows Live messenger lately (the latest version), and today I re-installed it... twice. Each time I try to start it after re-installing I get a window that says:

Windows Live Messenger has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.


Do any of you know how to fix this problem?
Can we get some details about the crash when you get the "stopped working" box?

Do you have any Webcam software installed on your computer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #3

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jelyman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
I've had some issues with Windows Live messenger lately (the latest version), and today I re-installed it... twice. Each time I try to start it after re-installing I get a window that says:

Windows Live Messenger has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.


Do any of you know how to fix this problem?
Can we get some details about the crash when you get the "stopped working" box?

Do you have any Webcam software installed on your computer?
All I did was click on the program to start it.. it started loading.. then that window showed up.

Just for the LifeCam VX-3000
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Apr 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Check to see if there is an update to the LifeCam Software. It's been reported that the software does not play nice with WLM.

Give this like a shot: Windows 7 English for Lifecam VX3000 [version 3.2] http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ifeCam3.21.exe

if it still crashes, then you will have to keep WLM from starting automatically.

Let me know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #5

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jelyman View Post
Check to see if there is an update to the LifeCam Software. It's been reported that the software does not play nice with WLM.

Give this like a shot: Windows 7 English for Lifecam VX3000 [version 3.2] http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ifeCam3.21.exe

if it still crashes, then you will have to keep WLM from starting automatically.

Let me know.
Alright.. the lifecam has been re-installed.. thanks for the software upgrade!

And WLM still won't load.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jelyman View Post
Check to see if there is an update to the LifeCam Software. It's been reported that the software does not play nice with WLM.

Give this like a shot: Windows 7 English for Lifecam VX3000 [version 3.2] http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ifeCam3.21.exe

if it still crashes, then you will have to keep WLM from starting automatically.

Let me know.
Alright.. the lifecam has been re-installed.. thanks for the software upgrade!

And WLM still won't load.
Use MSCONFIG [Start menu, type "msconfig" in search box"] Under Startup, make sure both LifeCam and Messenger are not checked. This why they will not start automatically.

If that STILL doesn't work, uninstall the LifeCam software altogether and see if you can use the webcam with Messenger.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Live messenger issues




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33