Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Macromedia: Flash Fireworks 8 Problem

02 May 2010   #1
Razo

Windows 7 Ultimate N
 
 
Macromedia: Flash Fireworks 8 Problem

Ok, on my windows XP service pack 2 fireworks and flash both worked however when I'm using Windows 7 they both don't work and all it says is



This is frustrating because I always have to log back onto my Windows XP SP2 to create my animations and art.

I ran as administrator, still same message. I trouble shooted compatibility options and it detected that I used the program with XP but it still didn't work.

Help please.

Thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 May 2010   #2
Johnathan Lyman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Version 8 is not supported on Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Since you've tried everything I would try, if you have the ability to download and install XP Mode to your computer I would do that and run your older programs inside there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2010   #3
Razo

Windows 7 Ultimate N
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jelyman View Post
Version 8 is not supported on Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Since you've tried everything I would try, if you have the ability to download and install XP Mode to your computer I would do that and run your older programs inside there.
Right ok then lets see if this works jelyman.

Version 8 is probably my favourite.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 May 2010   #4
Johnathan Lyman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Razo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jelyman View Post
Version 8 is not supported on Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Since you've tried everything I would try, if you have the ability to download and install XP Mode to your computer I would do that and run your older programs inside there.
Right ok then lets see if this works jelyman.

Version 8 is probably my favourite.
If there's anything else you need, don't be afraid to ask!

Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2010   #5
j7d

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

I have successfully installed and am running Macromedia Fireworks 8 on windows 7 both home premium and professional. It is the fireworks install file you need to change the properties on to run in XP compatible mode not the program fireworks.exe after install. This has worked for me on multiple computers of different brands with no issues.
One last comment. I have my performance settings on all my PCs set for "Best Performance" With this setting you will not get the message "The color scheme has been changed to windows seven basic" when you run Fireworks 8. I would recommend doing this before you install Fireworks 8.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2011   #6
mekingo

Home Premium 64
 
 

How did you get xp mode to run with windows 7 HOME premium? Everything i read says you must have pro or better and i'm not able to get it working with home premium.
Thanks,
Mike
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2011   #7
Johnathan Lyman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mekingo View Post
How did you get xp mode to run with windows 7 HOME premium? Everything i read says you must have pro or better and i'm not able to get it working with home premium.
Thanks,
Mike
No where did the OP mention they had Home Premium. According to their profile they have Ultimate.

You are correct, you need Professional or higher to run XP Mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2011   #8
mekingo

Home Premium 64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2011   #9
mekingo

Home Premium 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mekingo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by j7d View Post
I have successfully installed and am running Macromedia Fireworks 8 on windows 7 both home premium and professional. It is the fireworks install file you need to change the properties on to run in XP compatible mode not the program fireworks.exe after install. This has worked for me on multiple computers of different brands with no issues.
One last comment. I have my performance settings on all my PCs set for "Best Performance" With this setting you will not get the message "The color scheme has been changed to windows seven basic" when you run Fireworks 8. I would recommend doing this before you install Fireworks 8.
Sorry for the previous mess
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2011   #10
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johnathan Lyman View Post
No where did the OP mention they had Home Premium. According to their profile they have Ultimate.

You are correct, you need Professional or higher to run XP Mode.
No, you just need Professional and Ultimate to the get pre-licensed Windows XP image. If you have your own licensed copy of Windows XP, you can setup XP Mode yourself.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Macromedia: Flash Fireworks 8 Problem




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows theme changes to basic when I open Adobe Fireworks CS6
Hello W7 Forums, There are probably loads of these threads everywhere, so I am very sorry if this is a repeat of one. :o Like the title says, whenever I open Adobe Fireworks CS6, my windows theme reverts to the basic colour scheme. I can change it back to its original theme, however, that is...
Themes and Styles
Macromedia Flash Player
lm trying to find out where the installation directory is for the standalone macromedia flash player. l had one with Flash MX which is pretty dated now so any newer flash that opens through it sometimes doesnt load at all which is getting pretty annoying especially seeing as one or two files dont...
Software
Photographing Fireworks:Tips and Tricks
With the 4th of July approaching, I though I'd post this & hope it helps you get some good shots. Follow these tips and camera recommendations to get the best shots possible of this year's fireworks displays. Read the article: Photographing Fireworks: Tips and Tricks - PCWorld
Chillout Room
Can't "open with"... Fireworks
I have a program (Fireworks) that files can't "open with". Here's a screencast to demonstrate: http://screencast.com/t/Mzg3YjE2 I "browse" to select the program, and nothing happens. It just won't show up in the "open with" window (or menu) at all. It makes it completely impossible to open any...
General Discussion
Adobe Fireworks CS3 issue
Hello to all. I have an issue with my Fireworks CS3-Installation under Windows 7 Business: When I star Fireworks, I can not choose any tools on my tool-bar. The other menues work fine. Sometimes the toolbar works and after several minutes I have the same effect. Restarting the programm is the...
Software
Windows 7 - Mini Fireworks??
Anybody seen this or is the Christmas Cheer bubbling up his nose? "Update: even with a critical post, I have just discovered something aesthetically brilliant. Holding the shift key as you click on a taskbar icon opens up a new window, but does it in a mini firework show of vibrant colour. I...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:18.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App